News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Android gaming

Started by fhdz, June 03, 2013, 10:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Since the Android game market is getting to be almost as good as Apple's, I figured there should be a separate thread to talk Android games.

What are your favorites?

Also, has anyone stumbled onto a site that reviews indie Android games?
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Fahdizzle, you might want to try Sword & Glory. It's free and looks right up your alley.

For both android and ios.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Dungelot is a fun Rogue-like dungeon crawler. Very simple gameplay with some twists. It has a Lite & a 1$ for version.

Dungelot
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2013, 08:42:04 AM
Fahdizzle, you might want to try Sword & Glory. It's free and looks right up your alley.

SOLD

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2013, 08:57:28 AM
Dungelot is a fun Rogue-like dungeon crawler. Very simple gameplay with some twists. It has a Lite & a 1$ for version.

Dungelot

Yep, I had Dungelot on my iPhone and I have it on my new Galaxy Note 2 as well. Love that little game.

Ed Anger

Quote from: fahdiz on June 04, 2013, 11:02:11 AM

SOLD

It's a little violent now. *cough*

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2013, 02:04:10 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 04, 2013, 11:02:11 AM

SOLD

I'll make sure and take several Xanax.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2013, 02:04:10 PM

That was old Fhzdhz, new one is all like "YOU WANT SOME?  HERE IS A FUCKING BROADSWORD UP YOUR ASS, MOTHERFUCKER!"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

My guys keep dying at level 4.  :mad:

Shade

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon This is Pixel Dunegon it is another rougelike Crawler but is totatlly free and they are putting a lot of work into it.

Jacob

Any tips on getting past level 4 in pixel dungeon?

fhdz

Any of you guys play Kingdom Rush? I liked it on iOS but it was too small on my iPhone. Seems just right on my Note 2.

Habbaku

Have they added anything to it recently?  I played it a little over a year ago via their website.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

Quote from: Habbaku on June 05, 2013, 11:55:05 AM
Have they added anything to it recently?

Not sure. I did find a free game by the same developers which is kind of a riot in that mindless hero defense sort of way: Clash of the Olympians. http://bit.ly/18OAYra Fun stuff, and you get to throw spears between peoples' eyes.

Shade

Quote from: Jacob on June 05, 2013, 01:00:52 AM
Any tips on getting past level 4 in pixel dungeon?

Level 4? I think you mean 5 with the goo? If you are stuck on 4 you need to search for secret doors. For the goo all I have is this

The Goo seems to be armored; prefer high-damage weapons to faster but low-damage ones.
The Goo heals 1 hp every turn in which it stands in water; prefer fighting it when it's on a dry surface.
The Goo's acid washed away instantly in water; so prefer fighting where you stand in water.
When the Goo "pumps itself up", it doesn't do anything for a few rounds, and then does a devastating attack. The attack has a range of 2 tiles, not just 1 like other melee attacks. Ways to break it:
Leave the attack's range
Become invisible
Kill the Goo

So my main strategy is to place myself in water next to a dry place from which the Goo will attack, and when it pumps itself up either stay and hit it (if I have a good armor and HP to spare) or retreat to cancel the attack. Also, standard boss tricks (becoming invisible and shooting it, using poison / paralysis potions etc.) work well.

found it on a forum but I either get great armour or a great weapon it has been hard to get both :( Though I always go warrior...