Turkish police use tear gas, injure dozens in break up of protests

Started by Syt, June 01, 2013, 01:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 08:05:16 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 01, 2013, 07:56:53 AM
No one has made a photochop of that fat cop what gassed the Occupy people gassing Turks?

This would be a good starting point.

Fuck yea, OC spray hooked up to an industrial size air compressor.  :punk:

Tak that dirty Hippes.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

OC spray is a defensive weapon, you jackbooted thug.  Enjoy your future lawsuit.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
OC spray is a defensive weapon, you jackbooted thug.  Enjoy your future lawsuit.

It's Turkey. Doubtful on lawsuit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

I wouldn't have expected so many people to be endorsing military dictatorship.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grallon

How can anyone keep on advocating these people are fit for civilized company?  For civilized interactions?  For civilized reasoning?

I have no doubt a great many Muslims are reasonable enough to 'live and let live'.  Yet there's always this minority that is ready - and able - to throw it all  out for the sake of religious purity.  And more importantly, there's always the fact that the majority will tolerate this minority (and all its excesses) out of some... loyalty in the face of 'outsiders' I guess... 

I suppose that the fact Islam is presented/packaged/marketed as a concurrent value system to the Western one doesn't help these poor souls to distinguish between the personal, civic and religious spheres of their lives.  However it should be a red flag to any Western nation when it comes to immigration.  That way they wouldn't be caught up with 2nd generation terrorism and all the assorted 'pleasantries' offered by Islam...

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on June 01, 2013, 06:16:29 PM
How can anyone keep on advocating these people are fit for civilized company?  For civilized interactions?  For civilized reasoning?

I have no doubt a great many Muslims are reasonable enough to 'live and let live'.  Yet there's always this minority that is ready - and able - to throw it all  out for the sake of religious purity.  And more importantly, there's always the fact that the majority will tolerate this minority (and all its excesses) out of some... loyalty in the face of 'outsiders' I guess... 

I suppose that the fact Islam is presented/packaged/marketed as a concurrent value system to the Western one doesn't help these poor souls to distinguish between the personal, civic and religious spheres of their lives.  However it should be a red flag to any Western nation when it comes to immigration.  That way they wouldn't be caught up with 2nd generation terrorism and all the assorted 'pleasantries' offered by Islam...

G.

All this because of anti-government protesters?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2013, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: Grallon on June 01, 2013, 06:16:29 PM

G.

All this because of anti-government protesters?

taksim square is Ataturk-central for Istanbul iirc. A physical symbol of the secular state that Turkey supposedly is. Now Ergodgan wants to build a gigantic mosque there -right across the opera and what not. Seems like an another assault on the symbols of secularism in the country.

Iormlund

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.