Sonar image may show Amelia Earhart's plane

Started by garbon, May 31, 2013, 08:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Richie would fit in well, actually.  He could be allied with mongers and Tyr. :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

If you go through the forums and look at Richie's video analysis, he makes many leaps of faith in terms of deciding everything that looks remotely unnatural must be aircraft wreckage.  The lawsuit guy, though, was actually equating objects with rolls of toilet paper, Fred Noonan's bones, etc.  I have a feeling he was actually trolling them with his 'findings'... either that or he's completely off his rocker.

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2013, 03:58:26 PM
That dude found my Languish post about him via Teh Google, cross-posted this on their forums, and they had a little bitchfest about it. :showoff:

The dude found Amelia Earhart's plane at the bottom of the ocean. Did you really think that he wouldn't find your post?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Malthus on September 06, 2013, 04:10:28 PM
Great, a forum war with crazy obsessive people. Thanks.  :lol:

Which forum are you referring to? :unsure:

Caliga

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I know that.  My post was supposed to be a joke about who the crazy, obsessive people are. :P

Caliga

Also, I don't think the majority of the users on that forum are crazy.  I'm not convinced of their theory, but they've put an enormous amount of legit work into proving it.

Caliga

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 06, 2013, 04:25:55 PM
I know that.  My post was supposed to be a joke about who the crazy, obsessive people are. :P
:blush:

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2013, 04:09:01 PM
Richie would fit in well, actually.  He could be allied with mongers and Tyr. :bowler:

The British Layabout Society?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 06, 2013, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 06, 2013, 04:10:28 PM
Great, a forum war with crazy obsessive people. Thanks.  :lol:

Which forum are you referring to? :unsure:

This got me thinking...maybe we are both forums of crazy obsessive people, but they significantly contributed to the search for Amelia Earhart's plane and perhaps solving the greatest aviation mystery of all time. What do we have to show for ourselves?

Maybe we should have a forum mission...something we could show to the world and take pride in. I don't know that we are up to solving a great historical mystery, but surely we could create an interesting mod for a paradox game without getting sidetracked. What do you think? 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga