Sonar image may show Amelia Earhart's plane

Started by garbon, May 31, 2013, 08:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2013, 07:35:42 PM
Let's design a time machine.

Why not? Realistically, we have the same shot at success with that as anything else that would be useful. If we could get Vinraith and Hamilcar to come back, maybe even better.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

First stop: Sparta right after Thermopylae. Gorgo will be lonely.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on September 06, 2013, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2013, 07:35:42 PM
Let's design a time machine.

Why not? Realistically, we have the same shot at success with that as anything else that would be useful. If we could get Vinraith and Hamilcar to come back, maybe even better.

I think we should make a do-nothing site in the vein of instagram.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on September 06, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

Maybe we should have a forum mission...something we could show to the world and take pride in. I don't know that we are up to solving a great historical mystery, but surely we could create an interesting mod for a paradox game without getting sidetracked. What do you think? 

There was a thread a while back about an aircraft carrier for sale, and a suggestion that we buy it and use it as a floating wargaming palace.  Maybe that's the ticket, if we can raise enough money.  We should be able to;  heck, Lemonjello probably has enough himself if we can convince him to get in on it.

CountDeMoney

Lemonjello wouldn't let us dock it next to his yacht.

derspiess

If we did it all up with FSU colors he would.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

DGuller

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 11:53:01 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2013, 11:47:29 PM
Did those weirdos talk about me? :)

You could look yourself, diva. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to spend my time reading Internet forums.  :yuk:

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2013, 11:56:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 11:53:01 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2013, 11:47:29 PM
Did those weirdos talk about me? :)

You could look yourself, diva. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to spend my time reading Internet forums.  :yuk:

[in a deep voice]Yet you read my posts.[/fin]