Moms are main breadwinners in 40% of households with children

Started by Syt, May 31, 2013, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 08:10:37 AM
Derspiess's traditional gender-role buddies at FOX say this is a sign that  the apocalypse is nigh.

QuoteWeighing on the Pew Research Poll last night, Juan Williams said the rise of female breadwinners means there's "something going terribly wrong in American society and it's hurting our children."

"Those are the children who survive," Dobbs replied. "54 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. What has been the impact? What does it say about our society? High school drop outs..."

Next, Erik Erickson said that encouraging female breadwinners is like denying climate change:  "I am so used to liberals telling conservatives that they are anti-science. But I mean this is -- liberals who defend this and say it's not a bad thing are very anti-science. When you look at biology, look at the natural world, the roles of a male and female in society; in other animals the male typically is the dominant role, the female is not antithesis or is not competing; it's a complementary role. We as people in a smart society have lost the ability to have complementary relationships."

Doug Schoen concluded: "We're losing a generation. Bottom line, it could undermine our social order."

What is it with you not including links lately?   

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 31, 2013, 08:56:24 AM

Nobody likes links.  You have to get in somebody's :face: these days.  Just be glad I'm not using 48 point font to get my message across.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 09:05:44 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 31, 2013, 08:56:24 AM

Nobody likes links.  You have to get in somebody's :face: these days.  Just be glad I'm not using 48 point font to get my message across.

You're already halfway there, bolding practically the entire article.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 09:05:44 AM

I like links.  Give me links.

Also 48 point font would be pretty fun. 

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 08:10:37 AM
Derspiess's traditional gender-role buddies at FOX say this is a sign that  the apocalypse is nigh.

QuoteWeighing on the Pew Research Poll last night, Juan Williams said the rise of female breadwinners means there's "something going terribly wrong in American society and it's hurting our children."

"Those are the children who survive," Dobbs replied. "54 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. What has been the impact? What does it say about our society? High school drop outs..."

Next, Erik Erickson said that encouraging female breadwinners is like denying climate change:  "I am so used to liberals telling conservatives that they are anti-science. But I mean this is -- liberals who defend this and say it's not a bad thing are very anti-science. When you look at biology, look at the natural world, the roles of a male and female in society; in other animals the male typically is the dominant role, the female is not antithesis or is not competing; it's a complementary role. We as people in a smart society have lost the ability to have complementary relationships."

Doug Schoen concluded: "We're losing a generation. Bottom line, it could undermine our social order."

You know, I've intentionally avoided that video because I knew it would infuriate me. I really didn't need a blow-by-blow in bold. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on May 31, 2013, 11:39:25 AM
You know, I've intentionally avoided that video because I knew it would infuriate me. I really didn't need a blow-by-blow in bold. :glare:

Isn't the answer to just treat Fox News as a poor imitation of the Colbert Report

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 31, 2013, 11:39:25 AM

YOUR KIDS ARE A LOST  GENERATION!!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2013, 11:48:29 AM
*Now* I'm amused :)

It amuses you that gender roles are changing in the home? Yeah, me, too. :)

Interestingly, a number of my male friends have decided to stay at home in the last year or two with the kids. All of them have very young children (infant to pre-preschool), and the cost-benefit to them working or staying home made the decision easy for them. Their wives make considerably more than they do, so the choice was a given on who would stay home.

What's fun is listening to these guys talk about their days. They have very different experiences than I did as a stay-at-home parent, and I think that's pretty cool. They've made the job something that they're content and happy doing in a way that works for them and their kids. None of them feel as though their masculinity has been threatened in any way, and they never get grief from anyone about it.

I love that people feel more comfortable making the right choices for their families despite societal pressure to conform to traditional gender roles. I'd like to think that the pressure is lessening, making it easier to do so.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 31, 2013, 11:56:46 AM
None of them feel as though their masculinity has been threatened in any way

Probably because they are not morons.  Adults do not worry about that crap, they do what needs doing.

We all do what we must do for the family *said in Godfather voice*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being married to a woman who makes more than you.  In fact being a trophy husband is where its at.  Men who think otherwise merely lack the ability to become one.

derspiess

It amuses you that gender roles are changing in the home? Yeah, me, too. :)

:rolleyes:  Your reaction amuses me, hon.  Don't be a Raz.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
None of them feel as though their masculinity has been threatened in any way

Probably because they are not morons.  Adults do not worry about that crap, they do what needs doing.

We all do what we must do for the family *said in Godfather voice*

:yes:

I wish we had more adults in the world. :(