And we're back!

Main Menu

Henry Morgentaler RIP

Started by crazy canuck, May 30, 2013, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2013, 02:36:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2013, 12:05:45 PM
but I guess depending on how you look at the situation you can see him as the cause of countless deaths.

and let us not get started on condom producers!!!!
I'm pro-choice, but there's a huge difference. That's a grade A Marti analogy :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2013, 02:46:51 PM
but I guess depending on how you look at the situation you can see him as the cause of countless deaths.

I'm pro-choice, but there's a huge difference. That's a grade A Marti analogy :P

I see.  You must also be in favour of putting babies in Freezers then!

merithyn

Not to Catholics.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on May 30, 2013, 02:52:15 PM

Not to Catholics.

And that being similar to a Marti is wrong because?

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 30, 2013, 02:50:18 PM

Well, if you don't, they quickly go bad. You can't eat a whole one at one sitting, you know.

:Joos
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on May 30, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Well, if you don't, they quickly go bad. You can't eat a whole one at one sitting, you know.

:wacko:  You put leftovers in the freezer?  :huh:

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2013, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 30, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

:wacko:  You put leftovers in the freezer?  :huh:

It's ceremonial fare. You don't have baby for the taste, you know. It's gotta keep to the next High Holiday.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Only on languish could a thread about Morgantaler be quickly diverted into Jewish dietary issues.  :D

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

frunk

Neil

Anyone who can claw some area of human endeavour clear of the wretched grasp of the cult of law deserves our respect.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2013, 05:21:17 PM
Anyone who can claw some area of human endeavour clear of the wretched grasp of the cult of law deserves our respect.

And yet it was through the good work of a dedicated legal team that he won his constitutional battle to set aside the law.  :smarty:

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 30, 2013, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2013, 05:21:17 PM
And yet it was through the good work of a dedicated legal team that he won his constitutional battle to set aside the law.  :smarty:
That's great.  We'll hang them last.

Just goes to show that the system is so perverse that there's no saving it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.