News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Friggin hot down here

Started by Pedrito, May 25, 2009, 09:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 25, 2009, 09:29:49 PM
Sunny and about 70 here. fricking great, even more so as the sun won't set till 11pm and rises about 4am tomorrow for another day of 70.  :smoke:

Yeah the summer son is wonderful.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

These last few weeks remind me why I put up with the dark longish winters. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on May 25, 2009, 10:40:43 PM
These last few weeks remind me why I put up with the dark longish winters. :P

Because you can't afford a winter home somewhere reasonable?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on May 25, 2009, 10:34:39 PM

So what, you'll hate your progeny in winter?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 25, 2009, 11:07:18 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 25, 2009, 10:34:39 PM

So what, you'll hate your progeny in winter?

Henry II is like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Generally pretty nice here, except for the large, glowing cloud drifting from the north.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Slargos

Whiney motherfuckers. Tromsø is a sunny and warm 9c. Heading towards the north cape on friday and it is very likely much colder. It would be unbearable if i wasn't raking in the cash. :p

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on May 26, 2009, 07:15:08 AM
Generally pretty nice here, except for the large, glowing cloud drifting from the north.
Glowing?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pedrito

I'm pumping my CFC-based air conditioner to new heights of polar cold. FU Ozone layer hole! :yeah:

In the office there are 24° C, outside we've touched 36° C: I want my middle seasons back!  :mad:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Darth Wagtaros

I just found out there will be no air conditioning for two weeks in June. It was freakin 85 in here the other day with the AC on.  Bastards.
PDH!

PDH

I love living at 7220 feet/2200 meters of altitude.  It is never too hot in summer, it always cools down at night, and the cold winters keep the homeless away from here.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on May 26, 2009, 11:25:11 AM
I love living at 7220 feet/2200 meters of altitude.  It is never too hot in summer, it always cools down at night, and the cold winters keep the homeless away from here.

:thumbsup:

Living north of 60 degrees latitude has the same effect.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 26, 2009, 09:39:54 AM
I just found out there will be no air conditioning for two weeks in June.
:blink: They turning it off between summer sessions?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on May 26, 2009, 11:41:26 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 26, 2009, 09:39:54 AM
I just found out there will be no air conditioning for two weeks in June.
:blink: They turning it off between summer sessions?
It's for maintenance, because they have a "very small window" to do it in.  We are lucky if it works anytime.  Its a good thing the server room has that 25 year old dinosaur or that shit would melt in an hour.
PDH!