News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

crazy relative update

Started by Caliga, March 13, 2009, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

We got a thing in the mail from Oregon DHS today asking us if we would like to adopt the kid.  This board needs a bleeding smiley STAT. ???

QuoteLawyer accused of kidnapping coming back to Portland
by Lynne Terry, The Oregonian

Thursday February 26, 2009, 9:35 PM

The Portland attorney accused of kidnapping her infant son and fleeing to Texas is being brought back to Oregon today by two Multnomah County Sheriff's deputies to face trial, police said today.

Amanda Lynn Stanley, 31, is expected to be booked into the county jail this evening, said Portland police Detective Mike Weinstein.

She was indicted by a Multnomah County grand jury Tuesday on felony accusations of custodial interference and theft in the first degree, said Charlene Woods, senior deputy district attorney.

She will be held on $500,000 bail, according toMary Wheat, Portland police spokeswoman.

Stanley and her husband, 28-year-old Clifford Victor Stanley, who was also indicted for custodial interference, were arrested in Texas two weeks ago. She was taken into custody in San Antonio and he was arrested on a bus in Big Spring north of San Antonio, Weinstein said.

Their 2-month-old son, Sebastian, was taken into custody and is now in the care of relatives in the Portland area, Woods said.

Since his birth, Sebastian has been in the legal custody of the Department of Human Services. Amanda Stanley was allowed to care for him under certain conditions which included limited contact with the child's father.

Clifford Stanley,who has had a recurring meth problem, was convicted of third-degree statutory rape in 2004 and was on five years of probation. He was sentenced to six months in jail in 2005 for a parole violation.

He also lost custody of two previous children after his son, Miguel, was taken to an emergency room with serious injuries, according to the arrest warrant and Clifford Stanley's mother, Mary Stanley.

He will be extradited to Portland by the Department of Corrections on a parole violation, Weinstein said.

Amanda Stanley, who was reported missing by her mother, Mary Weaver, left her family a four-page single-spaced note when she left, explaining that she was worried that child services would take her son from her.

She also instructed them to wrap up her law practice in Portland as a business and tax attorney and "to replace my trust funds."

Woods said the theft charge is related to the trust funds, which hold money that clients pay for future services.

The allegations could carry prison time, Woods said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/portland_lawyer_being_brought.html
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

???

so how close are ya if dhs is sending shit to ya?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Just about all I cann add is: whoa!  ???
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

So, you gonna adopt the kid? Remember in 10 years he can cut your lawn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

I vote adopt. This way you can have a kid related by blood without all the hard work.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

These people are your relatives?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2009, 11:05:19 AM
The woman is Princessca's sister IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2009, 09:39:57 AM
I vote adopt. This way you can have a kid related by blood without all the hard work.

:yeahright:

The hard part has just begun and lasts until one of them dies. :contract:
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2009, 11:18:06 AM
Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2009, 11:05:19 AM
The woman is Princessca's sister IIRC.

No, it's her cousin... and fuck no, we ain't adopting the kid.  Do you think I want a crazy disbarred lawyer and a meth head coming after me?

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on March 13, 2009, 08:38:18 PM
???

so how close are ya if dhs is sending shit to ya?

Not very, they might just be desperate to find someone to take the rugrat.  I've never met Amanda and Princesca hasn't seen her in well over a decade.  Her mother used to come visit fairly often, but I dunno if that's going to continue now that Amy's grandmother is dead.

PDH

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2009, 04:04:31 PM
No, it's her cousin... and fuck no, we ain't adopting the kid.  Do you think I want a crazy disbarred lawyer and a meth head coming after me?
Could be the basis for a great sitcom!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on March 14, 2009, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2009, 04:04:31 PM
Could be the basis for a great sitcom!

Ok, you can star in it.  :P At least you live remotely close to them.

PDH

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2009, 04:14:26 PM
Ok, you can star in it.  :P At least you live remotely close to them.
Emphasis on remotely...

We will have to get Fahdiz to star.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM