And we're back!

Main Menu

The What's In Your Liquor Cabinet? Thread

Started by Caliga, May 26, 2013, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: mongers on May 27, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 26, 2013, 11:10:07 PM
I have a bottle of Grand Marnier for mixing with coffee and ice-cream.

Mono you're back, I feared you were MIA.  :hug:

I'm surprised that someone noticed  :ph34r:

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on May 27, 2013, 11:12:56 AM

We noticed.

I was worried about you :hug:

Zanza

Zanza

Welcome back!  :)

katmai

Motherfucker!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Several kinds of scotch. They vary, but usually some combination of Balvenie, Macallan, Glenmorangie, Glenfarclas, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Dalwhinnie, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich. In roughly that order of preference.

Usually some vodka--we like to try various things, but there's almost always some Smirnoff, Stoli and Goose at least. Never flavored though.

There's the odd Bailey's and a caramel Bailey's, neither of which get much attention. There's a bottle of Red Stag that the wife thought might be interesting, but it's been sitting in the back untouched since I tasted it. Disgusting.

Wife likes good tequila, and usually has some silver Patron around.

There is a bit of Cachaca that I got to try it out. I wasn't too impressed with it, but I haven't attempted to make a proper caipirinha with it yet.

I stopped buying wine some time ago because I was buying it faster than I was drinking it. I think I had maybe 20 cases at that point. I'm down to about 60 bottles now and everything I have left is too good to share with company.  :P

My next house might need a wine cellar.

I have a beer fridge in the garage too.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 27, 2013, 02:06:39 PM
There's the odd Bailey's and a caramel Bailey's, neither of which get much attention. There's a bottle of Red Stag that the wife thought might be interesting, but it's been sitting in the back untouched since I tasted it. Disgusting.
:( That's a Beam product, and as such Princesca forced me to try it also.

"Isn't it good?"
"Yes honey."
:x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

My boss swears by that shit.  Is it really so much better than typical tequila?  I'm hardly a tequila connoisseur so I really have no way to tell by taste.

derspiess

My liquor cabinet is always woefully understocked.  I tend to keep just enough on hand for what I will consume in the next few months.  None of the people we have over at our house ever wants to drink anything decent, anyway :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

I have enough to stock a liquor store.  I dont drink often and when I do I drink wine.  I get a lot of gifts of other kinds of booze and those just sit around forever.

Every once in a while I gather up a bunch of bottles and give them away.  Especially the Scotch.  Why do people always give Scotch? :(  Is it just that they they are also just passing it along.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 28, 2013, 11:38:20 AM
I have enough to stock a liquor store.  I dont drink often and when I do I drink wine.  I get a lot of gifts of other kinds of booze and those just sit around forever.

Every once in a while I gather up a bunch of bottles and give them away.  Especially the Scotch.  Why do people always give Scotch? :(  Is it just that they they are also just passing it along.
They should give bourbon instead.  More money for Cal. :)

derspiess

I am almost out of Buffalo Trace.  Need to pick up a bottle on my way home tonight.  Maybe some Knob Creek as well.

Btw, I have a couple liter bottles of Jenever gathering dust in my cabinet from my trip to Holland a few years ago.  Does anyone know of any good drink recipes using that stuff?  Wife is having her co-workers over this Friday & I'd like to make use of some of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2013, 11:56:27 AM
I am almost out of Buffalo Trace.  Need to pick up a bottle on my way home tonight.  Maybe some Knob Creek as well.
I think you need Knob Creek, yes. :whistle:

What about some Basil Hayden's instead of Buffalo Trace? :sleep:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on May 28, 2013, 11:15:26 AM
My boss swears by that shit.  Is it really so much better than typical tequila?  I'm hardly a tequila connoisseur so I really have no way to tell by taste.

Dude I don't know. She likes it. I'm not that into tequila either.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Well given the price differential, it damn well better be.