Breaking news - RAF jets scrambled after disturbance on Pakistan flight

Started by Brazen, May 24, 2013, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Of course the Typhoon could catch an airliner; it's an air-superiority fighter, and not a particularly bad one at that.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on May 24, 2013, 12:47:29 PM
Of course the Typhoon could catch an airliner; it's an air-superiority fighter, and not a particularly bad one at that.

Forgetting that the Eurofighter is called The Typhoon in the UK I compared the max speed of the WWII Hawker Typhoon (412 mph) to the cruising speed of a 737 (463 mph) and concluded, quite reasonably if you ask me, no.

I don't know if this makes me pathetic for not thinking of the UK Eurofighter as "Typhoon" or if it makes me Nerd King for having sufficient use for "Typhoon" for the WWII Hawker fighter that I keep calling the modern Typhoon "Eurofighter"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

I think it is my fault for missing the joke: I've spent the morning combing through NAO figures on Eurofighter Typhoon procurement.  :blush:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA