Breaking news - RAF jets scrambled after disturbance on Pakistan flight

Started by Brazen, May 24, 2013, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

"Two men arrested on suspicion of endangerment of an aircraft".

That's usually some drunk trying to open the emergency doors.

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, or maybe some asshat shouting "Allahu Ackbar!", that is probably enough nowadays  :mad:

Brazen

Should have sent 'em to Glasgae to get that baggage handler to sort them out.

Tamas

Brazen

QuoteA Pakistan International Airlines spokesman Zufiqar Bijarani told CNN: "We have been told there may have been a bomb threat." But he did not say if he had anything to confirm or deny this.

Yes, given current security restrictions, I think saying it is all they're likely to have done.

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on May 24, 2013, 08:55:49 AM
The Nouveau Riche use City.

apparently the approach to city airport is indistinguishable from a landing on an aircraft carrier
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on May 24, 2013, 08:37:13 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 24, 2013, 08:33:35 AM
Do PIA planes even have a drinks trolley?
I dunno, but American Airlines charging for alcoholic drinks with meals on transatlantic flights are worse than Hitler.

Well American Airlines is in the midst of its re-design so who knows? Though prior to that I'm not sure a sensible person would ever fly American transatlantic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 24, 2013, 10:00:29 AM
I dunno, but American Airlines charging for alcoholic drinks with meals on transatlantic flights are worse than Hitler.

Well American Airlines is in the midst of its re-design so who knows? Though prior to that I'm not sure a sensible person would ever fly American transatlantic.

They had pretty good prices IIRC...or at least they did back in the 90s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2013, 10:57:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 24, 2013, 10:00:29 AM

They also until recently had the worst business class option.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on May 24, 2013, 10:57:39 AM

The recently have had some good prices--their quality really sucks though. Maybe it is a supply and demand thing?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!