Breaking News - Reports of an Ongoing Terrorist 'Incident' in Woolwich,London.

Started by mongers, May 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2013, 03:52:51 PM
Holy crap, it is like the Daily Mail comments section in here.

Hardly. Where's the WOTS ALL THIS THEN?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 03:10:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2013, 03:08:19 PM
Damn the torpedos Raz, full speed ahead. :lol:

:lol: No shit, huh? We're watching him go into a steep dive and firewall the throttles.

WHERE IS THE OVERRIDE? THE OVERRIDE?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2013, 03:52:51 PM
Holy crap, it is like the Daily Mail comments section in here.

No shit.

Raz, go take your meds, have some ice cream, watch some light-hearted fare like The Apple Dumpling Gang, and come back later.

You're being even more Razzy than usual the last couple days.

mongers

Fairly clear eyewitness testimony about what happened in the immediate aftermath of the murder:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22633922
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2013, 03:19:29 PM
:wacko:

Whose dick do I have to suck around here to get the Ignore feature turned back on? :)
I hate ignore features.  If Raz is such a problem, just tell CdM that he likes anime and alternate history maps and he'll drop the hammer on him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on May 22, 2013, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2013, 03:19:29 PM
:wacko:

Whose dick do I have to suck around here to get the Ignore feature turned back on? :)
I hate ignore features.  If Raz is such a problem, just tell CdM that he likes anime and alternate history maps and he'll drop the hammer on him.
:lol: God I love this place.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

I'm not familiar with the immediate area of the attack, but have drunk in pubs and done a gig about 300 yards away. Plus I used to visit a friend who lived a mile away. 

It isn't an especially bad area, just somewhat rundown when I used to visit, but I'd guess parts of the 'town' have gone upmarket as part of the general gentrification/boom London's seen in the last 15-20 years. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 22, 2013, 01:57:54 PM
'Strong indications that this is a terrorist incident'?  Doesn't sound firm enough to me.  Congress should hold hearings.
Twat.
What?  You don't think it's a good idea for the GOP to obstruct everything that moves until they win the Presidency of the UK too?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Warspite

Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2013, 05:20:59 PM
I'm not familiar with the immediate area of the attack, but have drunk in pubs and done a gig about 300 yards away. Plus I used to visit a friend who lived a mile away. 

It isn't an especially bad area, just somewhat rundown when I used to visit, but I'd guess parts of the 'town' have gone upmarket as part of the general gentrification/boom London's seen in the last 15-20 years.

Woolwich is still a bit of a rough area, and I don't think it's really started gentrifying yet...
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

CountDeMoney

Rough area or no rough area, it's still pretty fucked up to commit that kind of attack in broad daylight and stick around for video time with passersby.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 06:11:56 PM
Rough area or no rough area, it's still pretty fucked up to commit that kind of attack in broad daylight and stick around for video time with passersby.

Yeah.  No attempt to get away or anything.  Also, just pretty fucked up to see people in the background just standing around, like it was some traffic accident or something.  Nobody is trying to blindside the dude while he's talking to the camera, and nobody seems to be running away.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2013, 06:14:36 PM
Yeah.  No attempt to get away or anything.  Also, just pretty fucked up to see people in the background just standing around, like it was some traffic accident or something.  Nobody is trying to blindside the dude while he's talking to the camera, and nobody seems to be running away.

I can't say I wouldn't have brained the fucker with a tire iron during his pontification.  Or being armed? The situation would've be resolved accordingly.