News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube

Started by DGuller, May 21, 2013, 10:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Has anyone else had intermittent trouble with Youtube playback quality?  It just seems like every so often, Youtube goes back to 1995, and craps out on pretty much any video on any browser.

Phillip V

Did your father get scammed.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on May 21, 2013, 10:52:18 PM
Did your father get scammed.
:hmm: What a random topic to ask this on.  Yes, he did get scammed, predictably the iPad was never sent, but Paypal got him his money back.

Grey Fox

Is your ISP Verizon?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Yes I have and I have Time Warner.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It has occasional hic-ups here, but my impression is it's usually with videos that don't have many views/likes. Most of the time it works well (95+%) in HD.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Time Warner & Verizon throttle Youtube accesses.

http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/time-warner-cable-sucks-for-youtube-twitchtv/

Actually most ISPs do it.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

DGuller

Grey Fox

Of what do you want an explanation of?

DGuller

Nope, it's all clear, thanks.  That was just a contemplative scratching of chin.

Grey Fox

garbon

DontSayBanana

ISPs throttle bandwidth?  Color me shocked.
Experience bij!