News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Xbox Reveal at 10PDT/1EDT

Started by DontSayBanana, May 21, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Yeah... it's an interesting time in the game industry.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

As one commentator said, the Xbox One seems to take all of the negative stuff about digital PC gaming (atrocious DRM, no lending of games, limited/installs or resales) without adding the good stuff - a variety of online shops creating competition and sales - Steam Summer Sale, anyone?), modding community, the option of buying DRM free ...

Also, you're able to plug in any console from the Atari 2070 to Xbox 360 or PS3 and can play your games 10 or 20 years from now. Xbox One not so much, if MS decides to discontinue the system and switches off the servers at some point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Hmm, he doesn't actually let go. What does that signify?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jacob

PS4 was the clear winner of the E3 showdown.

Syt

With the currently available info I'd also rather take a PS4 than an XBone. That said, neither console screams "MUST HAVE" or seems to be that huge a leap, technologically, from the current generation. Considering that the current gen has an extraordinarily long lifespan for consoles (pushing on 7 and 8 years, while previous generations had 4-6 years till a new generation came out), that's a bit surprising.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

The Bavarian sums up all my feelings on subject as well.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Kleves

I've never owned a PS-anything (owned both Xbox systems), but Sony seems to be kicking Microsoft's ass so far. Especially because they would let me sell my games to someone besides Gamespot for $1.50.  :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

I did first xbox and then ps2 and ps3.  I don't know really why I gravitated to Sony. Maybe it's connected back to that playable version of Road Rash they had at Universal City Walk back in the day. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 this generation. I never got into the 360/PS3 generation. I've got a 360 but I've never really used it to play games, it's a media machine more than anything else.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

I'm probably gonna skip this generation or wait until the best of these consoles (probably the PS4) drops to something like $200, which will probably be when they release the succeeding generation anyway. None of the stuff they're selling excites me. Maybe I'm just not a gamer anymore.  :(

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Had Playstation, and then PS2 and Xbox, finally on my 2nd 360, but yeah if as stands now if decide to get next gen console will be PS4. But pretty much all the games i bought for 360 save the EA sports titles have come out on PC so no reason to buy one if that keeps up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son