News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Xbox Reveal at 10PDT/1EDT

Started by DontSayBanana, May 21, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

No date, but Andrew Wilson from EA just implied that launch will be within the next 12 months (no big surprise there).
Experience bij!

katmai

Been touted for xmas time release last i heard.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Sounds like Defiance may have been a soft test of sorts for combining gaming with TV.

Spielberg's got a live-action Halo series coming up.
Experience bij!

katmai

MadBurgerMaker

Those are pretty impressive graphics.  I wonder how it'll run on my computer because fuck console shooters.

katmai

Oh it looks nice, just those games bore me.

MadBurgerMaker

I usually end up with them after the Steam sales, run through the single player mode once, then don't mess with them much after that.

katmai

Spike network is gonna do 30min summation of the new rig.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 21, 2013, 01:01:24 PM
Those are pretty impressive graphics.  I wonder how it'll run on my computer because fuck console shooters.

PCs have historically had the edge in graphics, since parts can be upgraded more easily and hardcore gamers are willing to shell out the cost of a console on higher-power GPUs.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

It's going to be impressive on graphics on both consoles & PCs now that consoles will actually have more then 1gb of ram.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Kleves

No always online requirement (though games may require install, and used games may require a few to activate or something). Kinect required to be attached. No backward compatibility. List of games: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/List_of_Xbox_One_Games

None of the games really jump out at me except for Destiny, and that probably won't be released for awhile.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Kleves on May 21, 2013, 02:48:39 PM
No always online requirement (though games may require install, and used games may require a few to activate or something). Kinect required to be attached. No backward compatibility. List of games: http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/List_of_Xbox_One_Games

None of the games really jump out at me except for Destiny, and that probably won't be released for awhile.

I wouldn't be willing to bank on the backward compatibility thing: remember PS3 launch?  No backward compatibility bit them in the backside bigtime, and it was put back in with an early system update.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 21, 2013, 04:52:46 PM

I wouldn't be willing to bank on the backward compatibility thing: remember PS3 launch?  No backward compatibility bit them in the backside bigtime, and it was put back in with an early system update.

Except that's not true. Compatibility was eventually phased out while there were several earlier models that had compatibility.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And most of those are still being listed for current-gen, so unless the new graphics are going to blow us away...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

My excitement for the new consoles is nil.
I only just bought a PS3 a few months back, plenty to keep me busy there and nothing that really screams must buy on the new consoles.

Amusing to see people on the internet trying to act like this is as big a deal as a new console used to be, way back when.
██████
██████
██████