How do you introduce your parents to your peers?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 19, 2013, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2013, 10:34:51 PM
He doesn't need his parents to approve of his friends anymore.

You introduce people you know who are in proximity because it's the right thing to do.

I invented an awesome new game tonight.  (I was at a wedding after hours.) I call it The Cocktail Party game.  Whoever introduces themselves to the most people they have not previously met wins.

Lettow77

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 20, 2013, 02:17:34 AM
I invented an awesome new game tonight.  (I was at a wedding after hours.) I call it The Cocktail Party game.  Whoever introduces themselves to the most people they have not previously met wins.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

I don't introduce my peers to my parents. If I did, I would probably do something similar to garbon and PDH.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

dps

Since my mom has a different last name than I do, I say, "This is my mom, Mrs. Ward".  Otherwise, people end up incorrectly calling her "Mrs. Stokes".   I don't introduce people to my father, because I never met him, or to my stepfather, because he's dead.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.