Japanese mayor on troublesome American troops - "try our comfort women"

Started by Tonitrus, May 14, 2013, 08:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on May 15, 2013, 06:20:44 PM
Momentary gratification should be deferred in favor of long-term investments.

I disagree as you should have some happiness now as well.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 15, 2013, 06:02:58 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
Marine tours on Okinawa are one-year unaccompanied tours (i.e. no spouses).  Army/Chair Force/Naval tours in Europe are two or three year accompanied tours.  The difference is significant.

:zzz  Silly to compare with Europe. Compare it with Korea.

Fair point.  Air Force goes to Okinawa on regular/accompanied tours, and is less known for causing issues(but certainly not unheard of). 

The issues with Airmen in Korea (1-year unaccompanied) are famous.

Though both locations will still have plenty of young/unmarried kids, from all branches, who will cause trouble regardless.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 15, 2013, 06:41:45 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 15, 2013, 06:02:58 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
Marine tours on Okinawa are one-year unaccompanied tours (i.e. no spouses).  Army/Chair Force/Naval tours in Europe are two or three year accompanied tours.  The difference is significant.

:zzz  Silly to compare with Europe. Compare it with Korea.

Fair point.  Air Force goes to Okinawa on regular/accompanied tours, and is less known for causing issues(but certainly not unheard of). 

The issues with Airmen in Korea (1-year unaccompanied) are famous.

Though both locations will still have plenty of young/unmarried kids, from all branches, who will cause trouble regardless.

Yes, 19 y/o three hots and a cot, and money in the pocket. They tend to go ape shit sometimes.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".