News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rent-a-cripple - Tim's next job?

Started by ulmont, May 14, 2013, 10:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote"Some wealthy Manhattan moms have figured out a way to cut the long lines at Disney World — by hiring disabled people to pose as family members so they and their kids can jump to the front
The "black-market Disney guides" run $130 an hour, or $1,040 for an eight-hour day.

"My daughter waited one minute to get on 'It's a Small World' — the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours," crowed one mom, who hired a disabled guide through Dream Tours Florida."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_world_srich_kid_outrage_zTBA0xrvZRkIVc1zItXGDP

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

:bleeding:

When I went to Disney World last April we almost never had to wait in lines, and if we ever were going to, we went somewhere else and came back later.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I loathe amusement parks. I hate everything.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2013, 10:34:22 AM

When I went to Disney World last April we almost never had to wait in lines, and if we ever were going to, we went somewhere else and came back later.

You had the secret HR code that got you fast tracked, right?  :hmm:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Yes, and I'm a really great guy so I'll share it with all of you all now:

ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

I suspect the next scandal will be about Disney security guards demanding to see the cripples ID before letting him cut in line.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Push their wheelchairs into traffic, they'll jump out before the collision.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 12:29:57 PM
Push their wheelchairs into traffic, they'll jump out before the collision.

Was this bit of wisdom learned as a cop, or as a bail bondsman?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Earth Science, 4th grade.  The gravity thing.

fhdz

A grand a day? Sure fucking beats working at Goodwill.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: Malthus on May 14, 2013, 10:41:07 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2013, 10:34:22 AM

You had the secret HR code that got you fast tracked, right?  :hmm:

"Psssst: INS is on standby."
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

Stupid elementary school teachers let kids present home-made videos and pictures of their fun times in Disney World. And damn near every assigned back-to-school essay topic was about "your favorite family vacation". Thanks for rubbing it into poor kids faces. :mad: