News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Space Oddity ... in Space

Started by Malthus, May 13, 2013, 12:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Can't resist this bit of Timmayism ... our Canadian space program at work.

He's actually very good.  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo&feature=youtu.be
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Since you're always one to claim credit:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,7762.msg580266.html#msg580266

:contract:

His voice isn't great, but the show / production is extremely well done.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

His voice is pretty good. He's certainly listenable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

Your mistake was that you put yours in the correct thread!  :lol:

I didn't have a problem at all with the voice, but you are correct that it is the setting and production that make it memorable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Ah, it's this guy!  I've seen vids of him before doing other cool stuff in space.  Coolest Canadian ever. :cool:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 06:29:23 PM
Ah, it's this guy!  I've seen vids of him before doing other cool stuff in space.  Coolest Canadian ever. :cool:

Neil Young is slightly cooler.  Maybe if this dude lost his Molester.

Caliga

Debatable that Neil Young is a Canadian.  While I agree that he's totally cool, hasn't he lived in California for like 50 years now?  IIRC 'Old Man' (his best song) was about the ranch foreman at the place he bought in California.  Anyway I would think Young is a US citizen by now. :sleep:

Caliga

I just watched the whole video.  While it was undeniably awesome, this guy altered the lyrics and missed the opportunity to do an EVA and then accidentally untether or expose himself to vacuum or any number of similar things that could have happened to Major Tom.  Clearly not a true artist. :mad:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 06:37:43 PM
Debatable that Neil Young is a Canadian.  While I agree that he's totally cool, hasn't he lived in California for like 50 years now?  IIRC 'Old Man' (his best song) was about the ranch foreman at the place he bought in California.  Anyway I would think Young is a US citizen by now. :sleep:

Beats me.  I let my subscription to the Neil Young newsletter lapse.

Caliga

A few weeks ago I saw an interview he taped about his career... don't think I had seen him interviewed before in the near-present.  He's an interesting fella. :)

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 06:37:43 PM

From Time interview in 2005
QuoteI'm a Canadian. I'd like to vote in the U.S. election because I feel like I've got just as much right to vote in them as anybody else. I've lived here for so long, paid taxes for so long and my kids have to register for selective service. I guess I could be a dual citizen, but if I ever had to give up my Canadian citizenship to become American I wouldn't do it, because I wouldn't want to hurt Canada

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1110988,00.html#ixzz2TDeR4Zj0
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

:rolleyes:

I should have known better than to think Neil Young would deign to become a US Citizen.

Josephus

Anyways...Justin Bieber is the coolest Canadian. :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Neil Young.  Bleech.  He looks like walking BO.