And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Mother's Day

Started by CountDeMoney, May 12, 2013, 07:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 12:14:38 PM
I sent my mom flowers and called her. :cool:

For lunch we went over to Princesca's grandmother's house and dined on KFC.  After lunch her cousin and I went out to our cars and compared guns and he looked at my Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster.  I don't know how you can get more Kentucky than all of that. :hmm:

Needs more UK logos :bleeding:

We took the kids to the zoo Saturday and there was a family of 7 or 8 and from what I could see each person was wearing *at least* two articles of clothing with a UK logo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah I was about to type something like 'well...you could have been watching the UK-Louisville game'  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

We took the kids to the zoo Saturday and there was a family of 7 or 8 and from what I could see each person was wearing *at least* two articles of clothing with a UK logo.
The irony being that probably not one person in that family has ever gone to any college (let alone UK). :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: merithyn on May 12, 2013, 01:24:21 PM
I was woken out of bed at 7:15am to the twins fighting. Ran downstairs to minimize the damage (emotional, not physical; they're really mean to each other), spent 20 minutes soothing one, another 10 talking to the other. Made breakfast in bed for the youngest boy who stepped on a rusty nail yesterday (it went all the way through his foot). The Girl is out of town this weekend with a friend.

None of them wished me happy birthday until after noon. :glare:

I got flowers today from the kids. :) :wub:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
The irony being that probably not one person in that family has ever gone to any college (let alone UK). :)

Yeah that has nothing to do with being a College Sports fan, especially in the S-E-C S-E-C

Heck I was a much bigger fan before I actually started taking classes at UT.  Now I am way too busy to follow the teams like I used to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 11:46:31 AM

Heck I was a much bigger fan before I actually started taking classes at UT.  Now I am way too busy to follow the teams like I used to.

Valmy just follows the co-eds now.  From a discrete distance.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

As someone who grew up in a huge professional sports market I still find that impossible to relate to.... in Philly you are pretty much a fan of a college team if you went to that college and under no other circumstances.  I think the exception might be Penn State if you happen to live in the central part of the state or maybe if you have close family members who went there.

merithyn

Hey! Someone tell me how pretty my flowers are! :mad: :glare:

CountDeMoney

They're as pretty as honeyed, silken pubes at the first blush of dawn.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2013, 12:03:23 PM
They're as pretty as honeyed, silken pubes at the first blush of dawn.

Thank you. :)

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on May 14, 2013, 11:48:56 AM
Valmy just follows the co-eds now.  From a discrete distance.

The EE UT Co-Eds are suprisingly incredibly hot.  But really the women at UT are so hot it is almost a joke.  The class before my Computer Science class was not only almost entirely full of beautiful women but the professor AND the TAs were also beautiful women.  I think it was a biology class...not sure.  Anyway I try to avoid them and sit where I cannot see them.  I am all business man.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 12:20:00 PM
The EE UT Co-Eds are suprisingly incredibly hot.  But really the women at UT are so hot it is almost a joke.  The class before my Computer Science class was not only almost entirely full of beautiful women but the professor AND the TAs were also beautiful women.  I think it was a biology class...not sure.  Anyway I try to avoid them and sit where I cannot see them.  I am all business man.
Doesn't sound like typical business man behavior to me. :sleep:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2013, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2013, 12:20:00 PM
Doesn't sound like typical business man behavior to me. :sleep:

Did I miss out on messing with Texas?  :(

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 04:48:43 PM

That was pretty evident.  The irony is that all the people I know who actually went to UK are a bit more subdued.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

UK gets a lot of hot ass. Or at least it used to. It's been awhile since I hung out down there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive