Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2016, 10:29:29 AM
Totally shocked.

:lol:

Something tells me Loretta Lynch will get to keep her job in a Clinton administration.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

11B4V

Totally shocked.

She did nothing others didn't due. this whole email was GOP contrived.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 05, 2016, 10:53:44 AM
Totally shocked.

She did nothing others didn't due. this whole email was GOP contrived.

A vast conspiracy, perhaps?  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Totally shocked.

It's not *that* shocking.  It's true that some prosecutors have been known to proceed in the absence of evidence of a crime, but it is usually considered better form to refrain from that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Speaking of which, they could not have baited right-wing conspiracy theorists any better than they did with how things unfolded in the past few days.  Thanks Obama-- my Facebook feed is already getting interesting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 05, 2016, 11:23:21 AM
Totally shocked.

It's not *that* shocking.  It's true that some prosecutors have been known to proceed in the absence of evidence of a crime, but it is usually considered better form to refrain from that.

Comey mentioned evidence though, didn't he?  Apparently he just couldn't find intent.  And I didn't know you had to have intent in order to be criminally negligent.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2016, 11:26:48 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 05, 2016, 11:23:21 AM
Totally shocked.

Comey mentioned evidence though, didn't he?  Apparently he just couldn't find intent.  And I didn't know you had to have intent in order to be criminally negligent.

Criminal negligence is when someone displays "wanton or reckless disregard for the lives of safety of others".

It simply doesn't apply in this case.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Evidence of intent is typically required in a criminal case, yes.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Legbiter, im glad that you were able to get joy out of the euros, because your boy is going to get creamed in november.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Good. I am sure we have heard the end of this :P

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on July 05, 2016, 11:49:16 AM
Legbiter, im glad that you were able to get joy out of the euros, because your boy is going to get creamed in november.

Legbiter really doesn't care man
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 05, 2016, 11:50:08 AM
Good. I am sure we have heard the end of this :P

When do the congressional hearings start? We should be able to milk at least half as many as Benghazi, right?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on July 05, 2016, 11:30:52 AM
Criminal negligence is when someone displays "wanton or reckless disregard for the lives of safety of others".

It simply doesn't apply in this case.

Maybe I was a little clumsy with the term I used.  I just thought negligence was enough to be in violation of the statute.