And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on June 28, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
The Trump mole is at it again.  :glare:

Yes, you've made it clear you don't understand how thought exercises work.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on June 28, 2016, 09:03:19 AM
As far as nuke delivery systems go, I have always thought the most dangerous was the easiest: put the nuke into a shipping container, ship it into a port; set it off there.

I can't see any easy way to stop that. Containers get inspected once in port, and once in port it will be too late.

Ships with big question marks on them can be inspected on the water.  IIRC, all containers have to been scanned for radiation--and if the inconsequential amount of naturally occurring radioactivity in palettes of ceramic tiles or a shitload of bananas can trigger detection devices, the amount of material necessary for an actual nuclear device is going to set off a lot of bells and whistles. 

Not saying it couldn't happen--especially considering the sheer volume of daily activity and what's sitting on the water waiting to come in, the amount is absolutely staggering--but container ships, their cargoes and their transit chains that fall under the "suspicious" category are watched by the intelligence community on a global scale, and also why there has been such a push post-9/11 to do cargo inspections in foreign ports, before they even get underway for the US.

And to be quite honest, from a threat perspective blowing up a port with a homemade nuke would simply be no fun for the Allahu Admiral Ackbar crowd.  Not enough people to kill, not photogenic enough.  Ports are boring.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2016, 07:49:48 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2016, 04:58:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 27, 2016, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2016, 10:38:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 27, 2016, 07:18:47 PM
Of course they can deliver their nukes - what ever gave you the idea they could not?

Since when have they been able to miniaturize their warheads enough to fit them on their shitty missiles?

It's not like they let us see them.  They have not been able to demonstrate ICBM capabilities, but they have weapons that can reliably hit any target in South Korea and Japan. 

Reliably? Have we been watching the same series of tests?

You mean the ones that fire over Japan? Than yes.  They have Scud Missiles, we know what they can do.  Sometimes you are so goddamn stupid.

They fail all the time. I am completely confident that the US and Japan can shoot down any that manage to stay on course.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 29, 2016, 01:17:00 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2016, 07:49:48 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2016, 04:58:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 27, 2016, 11:02:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2016, 10:38:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 27, 2016, 07:18:47 PM
Of course they can deliver their nukes - what ever gave you the idea they could not?

Since when have they been able to miniaturize their warheads enough to fit them on their shitty missiles?

It's not like they let us see them.  They have not been able to demonstrate ICBM capabilities, but they have weapons that can reliably hit any target in South Korea and Japan. 

Reliably? Have we been watching the same series of tests?

You mean the ones that fire over Japan? Than yes.  They have Scud Missiles, we know what they can do.  Sometimes you are so goddamn stupid.

They fail all the time. I am completely confident that the US and Japan can shoot down any that manage to stay on course.

Well, it's your ass on the line, so if you want to be that stupid, I guess you can.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2016, 10:57:59 PM
Ships with big question marks on them can be inspected on the water.

But what if they're clever and don't display the question mark?  Eventually they may figure that out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

http://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2363

QuoteDemocrat Hillary Clinton has 42 percent to Republican Donald Trump's 40 percent - too close to call - as American voters say neither candidate would be a good president and that the campaign has increased hatred and prejudice in the nation, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 29, 2016, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 29, 2016, 11:20:24 AM
It's over. Hillary. Is. Finished.

It doesn't work that way  :blurgh:

No, it doesn't. You have to break the Voting Rights Act of 1964 first.  Then it works that way.  #HowManyJellyBeansNigger

derspiess

CountDeMoney

derspiess

That may be how you do things in Maryland, but in Ohio we're a lot more subtle.

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 29, 2016, 12:55:28 PM
That may be how you do things in Maryland, but in Ohio we're a lot more subtle.

Well yeah; these days, I doubt anyone in Ohio would be crude enough to use the "N Word".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius