Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Malthus on June 21, 2016, 09:05:05 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 21, 2016, 03:20:38 AM
A Brit tried to kill Trump.

I suggest blocking immigration from Britain until our representatives figure out what the hell is going on.

Also, build a wall across the Atlantic and make the Brits pay for it.

America needs to redeclare independence.

Send Queen Elizabeth and Hillary Clinton to prison.

Jacob

So apparently the Trump campaign spent more money on hats in May, than on communications, data-managemnet, and advertising... combined.

Berkut

I really do think the campaign is pretty much falling apart at this point.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on June 21, 2016, 09:18:33 AM
So apparently the Trump campaign spent more money on hats in May, than on communications, data-managemnet, and advertising... combined.

Wait till he controls the US budget.  Best helmets for everybody.  Forget the planes, tanks and ships. 

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on June 21, 2016, 09:18:33 AM

Wait until you see the hats, though! They will be the greatest hats.

Jacob

http://www.artofthesteal.biz - seems like they're pushing the Trump is a grifter angle a bit.

Razgovory

Apparently Trump has been loaning his campaign money which is then spent on services provided by his own companies and to reimburse family members.  I'm not sure that is legal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

He's also paying money to an advertising agency called Draper Sterling, which may mean more to those of you who watch Mad Men. Link here (Slate).

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 21, 2016, 12:41:12 PM
Apparently Trump has been loaning his campaign money which is then spent on services provided by his own companies and to reimburse family members.  I'm not sure that is legal.

I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal.  Campaign finance rules require that if he use his own assets that they have to charge the campaign a reasonable amount for those services.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

Quote from: Jacob on June 21, 2016, 12:48:04 PM
He's also paying money to an advertising agency called Draper Sterling, which may mean more to those of you who watch Mad Men. Link here (Slate).

http://fortune.com/2016/06/21/replacing-trump-finance/
QuoteAnd then there's the strange tale of Draper Sterling, a business the Trump campaign paid $35,000 for "web advertising." Draper Sterling is strangely similar to Sterling Cooper Draper Price, the fictional advertising agency from AMC's acclaimed television drama "Mad Men." The address given for Draper Sterling is a house in suburban New Hampshire, which Mediaite notes is just a short drive from the home of Corey Lewandowski, the controversial former Trump campaign manager who was fired from the campaign on Monday. The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment for this article.

Now, that could be a coincidence, but conservative strategist Matt Mackowiak noted on Twitter on Monday that the campaign is taking a closer look at what Lewandowski spent while he was with the campaign.

campaign is now conducting an audit on lewandowski's spending  :hmm:

Berkut

Seems legal, but pretty shady - almost a means of funneling contribution dollars into the pockets of his friends and family.

Running for President as a business scam. That sounds...very much like Trump.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on June 21, 2016, 12:41:12 PM
I don't see why it's not legal if it's reasonable.  Obviously if the campaign is being grossly overcharged, then it's embezzlement.

Martinus

I love how this is scrutinized, but the Clinton Cash stuff barely got anyone here to bat an eye.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2016, 02:11:58 PM
I love how this is scrutinized, but the Clinton Cash stuff barely got anyone here to bat an eye.  :lol:

After a few decades of reports of VILE CLINTON CRIMES continually proven to be overblown or untrue it does get a little old. Boy who cried wolf and all that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2016, 02:11:58 PM

Every significant ex pol collects speaking fees.  Not saying it should be cheered by why single out the Clintons?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson