News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on June 06, 2016, 01:17:24 PM
I'd vote to derecognize Georgia as a state if it meant no more federal income taxes. That is a pretty sweet set up.

As Georgia has already found once you are in there is no getting out :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2016, 03:47:57 PM
Trump doubles down on denouncing persecution by judges and the media: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-06/trump-orders-surrogates-to-intensify-criticism-of-judge-and-journalists

What an amazingly well-run campaign Trump is running.  Contradicting your own staffers, plus someone leaks all of this to the media afterwards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2016, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2016, 03:47:57 PM
Trump doubles down on denouncing persecution by judges and the media: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-06/trump-orders-surrogates-to-intensify-criticism-of-judge-and-journalists

What an amazingly well-run campaign Trump is running.  Contradicting your own staffers, plus someone leaks all of this to the media afterwards.

... not just contradicting, but straight out calling them stupid. He seems pretty keen on chucking people under the bus.

DGuller

Trump may sound a little crazy, but he is a very successful businessman.  He will hire the best people and let them do their job.

alfred russel

Maybe there is some brilliance in the dysfunction? Flood the system with what would normally be gaffes and no one can latch onto anything.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

The language about what supporters are authorized or not authorized to talk about is bizarre.  They're not employees.  You're not the boss of me!

celedhring

Quote from: alfred russel on June 06, 2016, 04:47:31 PM

Maybe there is some brilliance in the dysfunction? Flood the system with what would normally be gaffes and no one can latch onto anything.

Yeah, just one of his most notorious outbursts would have killed a regular candidate. But with Trump is just part of the landscape.

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on June 06, 2016, 04:47:31 PM

Chewbacca offense?  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: citizen k on June 06, 2016, 04:49:24 PM
http://nypost.com/2016/06/06/9-year-old-banned-from-wearing-trump-hat-in-school/

"He doesn't speak like a politician, he speaks like a normal person. He knows what this country needs," he told ABC 30, adding that he got to meet Trump briefly and even touched his hair.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2016, 04:49:07 PM
The language about what supporters are authorized or not authorized to talk about is bizarre.  They're not employees.  You're not the boss of me!

If you're angling for jobs in a Trump Presidency you do what you're told.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.