News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Berkut on June 03, 2016, 10:10:18 AMShe doesn't need to make him do something that isn't himself, she needs to encourage him to continue being himself. Because that person is a fucking nightmare of a human being.

Mostly she needs to start appealing to some kind of emotional identity associated with voting for her. Be more like Trump. The sooner reason, facts, and other losing strategies are abandoned, the better. ^_^ In fact her campaign just might stumble accidently on just such a vote-winner simply by virtue of elimination, perhaps even before Donnie's sworn in.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

California is feeling the Bern.

QuoteA USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times poll released Thursday evening shows Sanders leading with 44 percent to Clinton's 43 percent.
Sanders's 1-point lead falls within the poll's margin of error.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/bernie-sanders-leads-hillary-clinton-new-poll-california

The Dem convention will be interesting.  :hmm:

sbr

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2016, 11:03:57 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2016, 11:01:37 AM
I'll dig up some of my brother's Trump emails :P

My mother went after my uncle who keeps posting about his support for Trump on FB where he also promotes his auto shop which is struggling. She pointed out that beyond how hurtful she thought it was given the people in our family (and how he married into a Mexican family) that spreading his political beliefs was unlikely to grow his customer base. :D

There was a small BBQ place in town that had a Romney/Whoever sign out in front of their place 4 years ago.  I'm sure it makes me a bad person, but I was amused to see them go out of business early the next year.

I doubt that the sign had much to do with it, as I never saw any cars in the parking lot before or after the election.  But I still smile every time I drive by the used car lot that sits on that lot now.

Admiral Yi

Former Bay State Republican governor Bill Weld is Gary Johnson's running mate on the Libertarian ticket.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on June 03, 2016, 10:10:18 AMShe doesn't need to make him do something that isn't himself, she needs to encourage him to continue being himself. Because that person is a fucking nightmare of a human being.

I know. Trump's campaign is going to implode any moment now - as soon as people actually see his true self.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2016, 10:35:14 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2016, 10:12:43 AM
I'd probably rationalize it that way as well if I were a Hillary supporter.

As one of the local trolls I can see why you want it to be all about the LOLZ and want us all to stand around thinking about idiocy like internet shit flinging competitions.  I just want a sane president.

Now you can go all 'LOLZ I LOLZED VALMY' or whatever tickles your fancy.

I never thought you were one of the local trolls, Valmy.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2016, 04:08:22 PM

LOLZ

You sure showed the regressive left there Marty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Marty reminds me of former Nazis who migrated to the Stasi after the war.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2016, 04:15:03 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2016, 04:08:22 PM

LOLZ

You sure showed the regressive left there Marty.

Your post said you were one of the local trolls.  :huh:

Jacob

Actual billionaire Mark Cuban continues to troll Donald Trump: https://youtu.be/OENpmyEDCTI

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on June 03, 2016, 04:44:10 PM
Actual billionaire Mark Cuban continues to troll Donald Trump: https://youtu.be/OENpmyEDCTI

Hasn't he said he will support Trump over Cruz back in March?

Jaron

Trump should fear the end of the Democratic primary.

Once the Democrats unite against him, his hopes for the presidency are toast.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Legbiter

Quote from: Jaron on June 04, 2016, 03:00:20 AM

;)

Barrister

Quote from: Legbiter on June 04, 2016, 07:24:56 AM
Quote from: Jaron on June 04, 2016, 03:00:20 AM

;)

It bothers me to no end that in the last 16 years the left/Democrats have been assigned blue in the US, while the right/Republicans have been assigned red.  THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS AMERICANS! :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Yeah, that is not what is bothering me about this election cycle.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned