News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

If Operation Wetback was intended to deport every single hispanic, legal or not, why did they do such a shitty job?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on May 22, 2016, 06:24:11 PM
Basically lots of people that are potential republican voters are turned off by Trump, and so I've assumed that in a roughly 50-50 country,

More like 33-33-33. But also Trump has done well with the labor class democrats. And does much better with them against Hillary who tends to pander to racial and gender identity groups while pretending class groups aren't there. I think this is why Sanders always does better head to head against Trump than Hillary does. His message speaks better to the "Trump democrats".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2016, 04:37:45 PM
Good point! So can you let me know how many times Obama and Clinton asked Congress to change the laws to address this corruption, and how many bills the Democrats in congress tried to pass to address it?

Can you show me how the Democrats worked against those who funded them in favor of their voters, fought that good fight, even if they eventually lost much of the time?

They are not even trying. Not even a little bit. The best they are doing is trying not to be as obvious about it as the GOP, and sometimes not even trying hard at that.

No argument here (although I will note that Obama did complain about the Citizen's United ruling).  My point is merely that if the concern is corruption the president isn't where it is going to be fixed, and so I can't be quite so single issue about it.  If I was I'd definitely be supporting Lawrence Lessig to reenter the race.

The problem is that the do nothing Congress is likely to continue for the foreseeable future, so there needs to be focus on getting members elected who will try to change the laws.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 22, 2016, 07:53:27 PM
More like 33-33-33. But also Trump has done well with the labor class democrats. And does much better with them against Hillary who tends to pander to racial and gender identity groups while pretending class groups aren't there. I think this is why Sanders always does better head to head against Trump than Hillary does. His message speaks better to the "Trump democrats".

"Sanders: all the fun of Trump without the anti-immigrant unpleasantness."

Interesting analysis Weegro.  And obviously Hillary's core constituency of professional women and minorities are not going to favor Trump over Bernie in a head to head poll.

CountDeMoney

But also Trump has done well with the labor class democrats. And does much better with them against Hillary who tends to pander to racial and gender identity groups while pretending class groups aren't there. I think this is why Sanders always does better head to head against Trump than Hillary does. His message speaks better to the "Trump democrats".

Pretty ironical that so many of the "labor class" are supporting a man who has declared bankruptcy 4 times--each time positioning him to become even wealthier--while a single bankruptcy can destroy their lives for decades. 

And I really don't think a woman (Wellesley, '69) who has been involved in politics since Roe v Wade and the Equal Rights Amendment is actually "pandering" when it comes to gender politics.  Christ, and you people accuse her of being cynical?

It's going to be Hillarious watching all you cunthaters take gas over the fact the Oval Office side bathroom's seat will always be down for 8 years when she wins.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
If Operation Wetback was intended to deport every single hispanic, legal or not, why did they do such a shitty job?

I never said it was intended to deport every single Hispanic. But it wasn't concered with deporting only illegals and any program by Trump will be much more explicitly so.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2016, 08:24:11 PM
And I really don't think a woman (Wellesley, '69) who has been involved in politics since Roe v Wade and the Equal Rights Amendment is actually "pandering" when it comes to gender politics. 

Ok, then maybe not pandering but a little bit retarded. She does seem to play to the safety space/privileges crowd. Sanders always tries to move back to Wall Street and the division of resources.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2016, 09:23:44 PM

I never said it was intended to deport every single Hispanic. But it wasn't concered with deporting only illegals and any program by Trump will be much more explicitly so.

You said it was ethnic cleansing.

Tim's apparent (incomplete) list of ethnic cleansers in history:
Adolf Hitler
The Young Turks
Slobodan Milosevic
Dwight David Eisenhower
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2016, 08:02:47 PM

"Sanders: all the fun of Trump without the anti-immigrant unpleasantness."

Interesting analysis Weegro.  And obviously Hillary's core constituency of professional women and minorities are not going to favor Trump over Bernie in a head to head poll.

The whole third wave feminism / political correctness movement is basically middle class white women shitting on working class white men. It's much easier to wage a class war after you have demonised your enemies as homophobic, uneducated racist rednecks.

Martinus

QuoteShocking: The Average Female CEO Only Makes 258 Times What Her Employees Make
Posted Feb. 12, 2015

Wow. We knew that gender inequality in America was bad, but according to an alarming new study, it's actually much worse than anyone could've thought.

A recently released report from the U.S. Census Bureau revealed that female CEOs in America make a paltry 258 times what their average employee makes, while male CEOs make an average of 331 times more than theirs. That's a pay gap of nearly 23 percent, which in dollar value—per median salary of U.S. CEOs—translates to an average disparity of $2.57 million, or enough to buy approximately 12 Aston Martins.

These numbers empirically prove that inequality is alive and well in the United States. It's hard to fathom that in 2015, women who take the same cutthroat routes to the peak of the corporate ladder as their male peers are still only earning the commensurate income of a combined 258 subordinates. This means these women are being forced to get by on just $8 million to $9 million a year (and that's before taxes!).

If true equality is ever to be achieved, then the wealth needs to funnel away from the pockets of the topmost male earners and into the offshore accounts of the women who are every bit as deserving. Why should male executives be able to afford five or six mountain estates across the world while their female counterparts are forced to make do with just four?

Share this article if you believe that gender discrimination is out of control and that female CEOs should be able to afford the same number of private jets and luxury yachts as male CEOs. It's just what's right.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/shocking-average-female-ceo-only-makes-258-times-w-1847

garbon

Oh good. Bernie referred to people voting in general for Hillary would be doing so because they view her as the lesser of two evils.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2016, 02:24:59 AM
Oh good. Bernie referred to people voting in general for Hillary would be doing so because they view her as the lesser of two evils.

How's that even remotely not true?

I am yet to see one celebrity or public person (I am not counting Goldman Sachs CEOs and their ilk) say they will vote for Hillary out of convinction that she is the best possible candidate - almost everyone is giving some variation of "she is far from ideal, but we need to stop the Trumpnado".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on May 22, 2016, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2016, 09:23:44 PM

You said it was ethnic cleansing.

Tim's apparent (incomplete) list of ethnic cleansers in history:
Adolf Hitler
The Young Turks
Slobodan Milosevic
Dwight David Eisenhower

Don't think Ike objected to the mass population transfers at the end of WWII.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2016, 03:22:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2016, 02:24:59 AM

How's that even remotely not true?

I am yet to see one celebrity or public person (I am not counting Goldman Sachs CEOs and their ilk) say they will vote for Hillary out of convinction that she is the best possible candidate - almost everyone is giving some variation of "she is far from ideal, but we need to stop the Trumpnado".

I don't think you've looked very hard then. She had lots of early celebrity endorsements that had nothing to do with consider Trump as he was still a joke back then.

Oh and I think it is very much true for plenty of voters. I don't think though that it is a very useful stance to take when you are a candidate who is not going to win. I know Bernie doesn't actually care two shits about the Democratic Party but I fail to see how this is a great strategy for the sake of America. It also puts to bed any lies that Bernie is planning to go out quietly like Hillary did when she lost to Barack.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 22, 2016, 03:38:02 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2016, 02:32:05 AM

Wow, you are nuts.

Just taking the man at his word.

Taking a pathological liar at his word kind of fits that description though.