News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Why not? He's more conservative economically than HIllary.

And he's had some problems with the social conservatives because he seems to have adopted social conservatism in 2012.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 18, 2016, 06:08:14 PM
Why not? He's more conservative economically than HIllary.

Defaulting on the debt, tearing up trade deals, and starting trade wars do not qualify as economically conservative in my book.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2016, 06:11:04 PM
Defaulting on the debt, tearing up trade deals, and starting trade wars do not qualify as economically conservative in my book.

Aren't those the kind of things he shrugs off having said in the next interview?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 18, 2016, 06:17:26 PM
Aren't those the kind of things he shrugs off having said in the next interview?

I haven't heard him back off on any of those, and he's repeated the talking point about unfair trade and the need for tariffs a yuge amount of times.

Eddie Teach

Ok, so he's a Herbert Hoover conservative.

Admiral Yi

I don't know if Herby backed Hoot-Smawley or not.  He's definitely a Bernie Sander's conservative.

Eddie Teach

I'm really not sure how big the bloc of voters he might lose on free trade is. Typically, seems most "economic conservatives" are motivated mostly by taxes.  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 18, 2016, 06:27:28 PM
I'm really not sure how big the bloc of voters he might lose on free trade is. Typically, seems most "economic conservatives" are motivated mostly by taxes.  :hmm:

Fair enough, though at the very least I expect it will matter to the donor class. 

It will be interesting to see if social conservatives will line up behind a candidate who wants to fuck his daughter.

Eddie Teach

Time honored tradition going back to the pharaohs.  :D

Legbiter

Read this one while humming the Jaws theme to myself.  ^_^

QuoteDonald Trump tops Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup, according to a new Fox News Poll that also finds majorities of voters feel both frontrunners lack strong moral values and will say anything to get elected.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/18/fox-news-poll-trump-tops-clinton-both-seen-as-deeply-flawed-candidates.html
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 18, 2016, 06:27:28 PM

The guy wants to go back to 16th century Dutch mercantilism.  I don't see how you get any more "economic conservative" than that.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Legbiter on May 18, 2016, 07:35:31 PM
Read this one while humming the Jaws theme to myself.  ^_^

QuoteDonald Trump tops Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup, according to a new Fox News Poll that also finds majorities of voters feel both frontrunners lack strong moral values and will say anything to get elected.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/18/fox-news-poll-trump-tops-clinton-both-seen-as-deeply-flawed-candidates.html

Anyone think the voter turnout is going to beat the 54.9% we had in the last election?  Or even the 50.3% we had in 2000? (A figure which tbe Nader-killed-Gore's-presidency sour grapes crowd should contemplate.)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 18, 2016, 09:11:10 PM
Anyone think the voter turnout is going to beat the 54.9% we had in the last election?  Or even the 50.3% we had in 2000? (A figure which tbe Nader-killed-Gore's-presidency sour grapes crowd should contemplate.)

Probably depends on how many niggers new voter ID laws will prevent from voting this year, Bernie Bro.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2016, 09:14:07 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 18, 2016, 09:11:10 PM

Probably depends on how many niggers new voter ID laws will prevent from voting this year, Bernie Bro.

And everyone knows Sanders had a big hand in passing those, so I'm tossing in my sleep at night, Clinton Hack.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 18, 2016, 09:49:17 PM
And everyone knows Sanders had a big hand in passing those, so I'm tossing in my sleep at night, Clinton Hack.

I know you are, Selective Justice Warrior.