News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on May 17, 2016, 05:45:46 PM
But please, Hill foot soldiers. Continue preparing your narrative that if Clinton loses to Trump, it'll all be the old jew's fault  :lol:

It won't be unless he tells his supporters to stay home on election day.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway my KY Dem friends (all three of them) are calling the KY primary a nailbiter.  Two of them are Bernie Bros.  Since IIRC it's proportional, why is it that big a deal who "wins" the state?  They'll each get about half the delegates, right?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2016, 05:56:26 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 17, 2016, 05:45:46 PM
But please, Hill foot soldiers. Continue preparing your narrative that if Clinton loses to Trump, it'll all be the old jew's fault  :lol:

What's really Hillarious is that, for all the conspiratorial talk early on of Trump actively attempting to sabotage the GOP primary season, it's actually happening to the Democratic Party from a guy that didn't join it until 2015.  He's so far down so late in the game, yet we're still talking like it's going to go into overtime.  Not even the New England Patriots get these kinds of calls in the playoffs.

And Zoups mentioning "the old jew", LULZ.  Liike you wouldn't ship his kvetching ass east in a Hot Pockets cattle car in a fucking heartbeat.

Sanders has been quite respectful to Hillary during the campaign. I don't see any signs that he isn't going to rally behind her once she wins the nomination. That will go a long way to bringing the party together.

It actually doesn't make much sense for him to drop out right now, and could actually be a disservice to the party. Although unlikely, there is still a non zero chance something comes of the email stuff. Why shouldn't he stick around, and if something does happen, be in position to get the nomination?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

America wants Hillary. America has picked Hillary.

Until he drops out, Sanders is just that awkward third wheel that keeps hanging out with you and not realizing you're on a date.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

Somehow I don't think Sanders wants his legacy to be "the reason Trump won".  I think he'll do everything he can to avoid getting that label. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on May 17, 2016, 08:47:33 PM
Sanders has been quite respectful to Hillary during the campaign. I don't see any signs that he isn't going to rally behind her once she wins the nomination.

That's because you're a moron that isn't paying attention.  He has not been respectful at all;  gets his ass kicked over and over in the big states and yet he's still on the attack, bitching about her PAC money and paid speeches as he continues to bumrush windmills in this false hope that he can still win.

He has no reason to rally behind her when it's all said and done.  He's Naderfying; just as Ralph didn't see himself a member of the Democratic Party, the guy that was never a member to begin with doesn't either.  He has no reason to toe the party line, what with never being in the party in the first place.  And yet, he wonders why the superdelegates--the movers and shakers of the DNC--aren't swinging his way.   

QuoteIt actually doesn't make much sense for him to drop out right now, and could actually be a disservice to the party. Although unlikely, there is still a non zero chance something comes of the email stuff. Why shouldn't he stick around, and if something does happen, be in position to get the nomination?

Every day he is in the race attacking Clinton is another day for the Clinton campaign wasting time, energy and resources playing 1 against 2, and that is a disservice to the party. 

In any case, stop being dense.  You know damned well what's going on.

alfred russel

He is in an election fight. Bitching about PAC money and paid speeches is rather tame as these things go. Trump is going to come up with much more harsh stuff--and has already started.

Also, this is May. Hillary is going to end up with plenty of resources--she is probably running against Trump. She is up in the polls against Trump.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2016, 09:18:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 17, 2016, 09:12:39 PM
He is in an election fight.

It is over.

Yeah it's over, but her inability to consistently whip him at the end of primary is concerning. Even Trump managed to consolidate and get consistent 50-60+ margins at the end. She's edging Sanders by .4% in Kentucky. Not impressive at all.

Also, I'm loving Seth Myers Trump take downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGPzCTiHghA
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2016, 09:22:20 PM
Yeah it's over, but her inability to consistently whip him at the end of primary is concerning.

Oh, bullshit.  Nobody was bitching about Obama's inability to consistently whip Clinton when she peeled off 6 wins out of the last nine primaries.  And why?  Because they didn't matter.  Just like all this last minute Bernie bullshit doesn't matter.

Hillary has more total votes and more total committed delegates than Obama did at this time during the 2008 primaries.  Bernie is done: he needs to realize it, and the media and moron Millennials that suck his frumpy circumcision scars need to realize it.

Zoupa

Dude, he knows it's over. The point since day one has been to force the Dems left.

Cry me a river about poor widdle Hillary. Sanders' attacks on her aren't slander. It's not like she said "No no, Meryll Lynch, please keep your money, I'll do the speech for a slice a pizza and a coke". She took it. Did she vote for the war or not? Is she pro-fracking or not?

She's a shit candidate to 45% of dems and 90% of GOPhers..

Y'all are in trouble come november.