2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 03:41:29 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 03:28:00 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 04, 2016, 03:26:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 02:57:25 AM

The Queen and the British royal family shook hands with some of the worst butchers and human rights violators in the history of mankind. Somehow I think they will survive a meeting with a TV personality realtor from New York.  :rolleyes:

Did Prince George personally meet those people?

Who the fuck cares whom a six year old in a bathrobe met? As far as I am concerned he and his entire family should have been sent to a guillotine long time ago.

1. He is less than 3 years old.

2. The bathrobe has been sold out.  So a lot of people care.  I care. 

3. I believe Obama is the only foreign dignatory that Prince George has personally met.  So far.  The problem I see is that, if the US chooses Trump to be their next president, the sight of President Trump meeting Prince George would be ... somewhat problematic.

Why are we even discussing this? If the UK wants to keep its special relationship with the US, they have to accept that their inbred unelected royals may be required to shake hands with someone democratically elected by the people of the greatest country on Earth. And if they don't, then the Donald will make great deals with someone else.

Also, I'd take a close look at someone who "cares" enough to spend a lot of money just to buy a bathrobe worn by a 3 y.o. boy...  :yuk:

Legbiter

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 03:49:04 AMI see Legbiter's off in his personal fantasy land again.

They will fall in line, at the very least tacitly.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 03:49:04 AM
I see Legbiter's off in his personal fantasy land again.

Poland and Iceland will be two European pillars of Emperor Trump's Empire of Man. :P

garbon

I just scroll past him and Marti in this thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2016, 04:00:39 AM

I just scroll past him and Marti in this thread.

Yeah it must be infuriating to see Legbiter and I being the only two people consistently right in this thread, when it comes to political predictions.  :D

Legbiter

It's funny, many Languish non-Americans could read the polls, scratch their heads and spend months going "huh, wow, I guess it's Trump" while the Americans are still barely out of denial. Malthus was especially quick on the uptake, quipping about being resigned to the Trump presidency back in the fall.

Eddie Teach

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of GOP primary voters.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Trump being gracious in his victory:

Quote"Just so you understand, Ted Cruz, I don't know if he likes me or doesn't like me, but he is one hell of a competitor," Trump said. "He is a tough, smart guy--and he has got an amazing future. He's got an amazing future, so I want to congratulate Ted.

"I know how tough it is, it's tough," he continued. "I've had some moments where it was not looking so good and it's not a great feeling and so I understand how Ted feels and Heidi and their whole beautiful family."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Legbiter on May 04, 2016, 04:04:43 AM
It's funny, many Languish non-Americans could read the polls, scratch their heads and spend months going "huh, wow, I guess it's Trump" while the Americans are still barely out of denial. Malthus was especially quick on the uptake, quipping about being resigned to the Trump presidency back in the fall.

Except someone actually reading the polls would be saying "huh, wow, I guess it's Hillary Clinton." :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I can't wait for this week's "Can't Stump the Trump". :D

Legbiter

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 04:12:22 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 04, 2016, 04:04:43 AM

Except someone actually reading the polls would be saying "huh, wow, I guess it's Hillary Clinton." :contract:

She's a terrible candidate who looks and sounds like she just drank from the False Grail. The personification of the incompetent, time-serving bureaucrat "who's time has come".  :hmm:

Trump is the underdog in this fight but Clinton will have her hands full regardless.

And we'll have great fun along the way.  :lol:

Martinus

I am considering betting $100 on Paddypower on Trump becoming the next POTUS. It's paying 2:1 at the moment, and that ratio is likely to fall in the next months.  :cool:

Tamas

Although it is a bit pathetic, it is also kind of funny to see our two submissive frustrated gay posters being all moist from seeing their loud flashy dream guy winning.

Martinus

There is a reason Donald has a growing gay following. ;)

Martinus

Also, I thought Legbiter had a kid. That's probably less gay than having an imaginary Polish girlfriend whose pictures one refuses to show to anyone.