News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Why does NY have twice as many as California?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2016, 09:30:32 AM
Why does NY have twice as many as California?

becuase I reported their counts backwards. :blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jaron

This is a great election cycle for trolling, btw.

Both Berniebots and Trumpbots are VERY sensitive to attacks on their candidate. Additionally, the tears when one of them loses (or both) is going to be delicious. If you feast upon the tears of others then you'd better get your bib and fork ready.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Not sure if posted, but kind of funny.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/27/donald-trump-ted-cruz-john-kasich-guns-open-carry-cleveland-convention-republicans/82321374/

There is a petition to allow open carry at the RNC and the candidates are like WELL...let me read the fine print on that first. Or in other words - open carry is my motto as long as its not around me.

celedhring

Because the Republican convention was going to be such a peaceful and orderly affair...

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

QuoteAllow Open Carry of Firearms at the Quicken Loans Arena during the RNC Convention in July.

RECOGNIZE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY FIREARMS AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION AT THE QUICKEN LOANS ARENA IN JULY 2016

SUMMARY: In July of 2016, the GOP will host its convention at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Though Ohio is an open carry state, which allows for the open carry of guns, the hosting venue—the Quicken Loans Arena—strictly forbids the carry of firearms on their premises.

According to the policy on their website, "firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Quicken Loans Arena."

This is a direct affront to the Second Amendment and puts all attendees at risk. As the National Rifle Association has made clear, "gun-free zones" such as the Quicken Loans Arena are "the worst and most dangerous of all lies." The NRA, our leading defender of gun rights, has also correctly pointed out that "gun free zones... tell every insane killer in America... (the) safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk." (March 4, 2016 and Dec. 21, 2012)

Cleveland, Ohio is consistently ranked as one of the top ten most dangerous cities in America. By forcing attendees to leave their firearms at home, the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside of the convention site.

This doesn't even begin to factor in the possibility of an ISIS terrorist attack on the arena during the convention. Without the right to protect themselves, those at the Quicken Loans Arena will be sitting ducks, utterly helpless against evil-doers, criminals or others who wish to threaten the American way of life.

All three remaining Republican candidates have spoken out on the issue and are unified in their opposition to Barack HUSSEIN Obama's "gun-free zones."

Donald Trump said "I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools—you have—and on military bases on my first day. It gets signed my first day...you know what a gun-free zone is to a sicko? That's bait." (Jan. 8. 2016)

Ted Cruz has accurately pointed out "shooting after shooting after shooting happens in so called gun-free zones." He continued, "look, if you're a lunatic ain't nothing better then having a bunch of targets you know that are going to be unarmed." (Dec. 4, 2015)

And Ohio Governor John Kasich has been a leader in this movement to eliminate deadly "gun-free zones" starting with his brave decision to fight the Democrats and end "gun-free zones" at National Guard facilities in Ohio. (Dec. 18, 2015)

We are all too familiar with the mass carnage that can occur when citizens are denied their basic God-given rights to carry handguns or assault weapons in public. EVERY AMERICAN HAS THE RIGHT TO PROTECT AND DEFEND THEIR FAMILY. With this irresponsible and hypocritical act of selecting a "gun-free zone" for the convention, the RNC has placed its members, delegates, candidates and all US citizens in grave danger.

We must take a stand. We cannot allow the national nominating convention of the party of Lincoln and Reagan to be hijacked by weakness and political correctness. The policies of the Quicken Loans Arena do not supersede the rights given to us by our Creator in the U.S. Constitution.

THEREFORE, WE ARE CALLING TODAY FOR THE FOLLOWING FIVE POINTS OF ACTION:

1. From the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland: A suspension of their policy preventing the open carry of firearms on the premises of the arena from July 18-21, 2016 to coincide with the Republican National Convention.

2. From the National Rifle Association: An immediate condemnation of the egregious affront to the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution constituted by the "gun-free zone" loophole to the state law.

3. From Ohio Governor John Kasich: A concerted effort to use his executive authority to override the "gun-free zone" loophole being exploited by the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.

4. From Reince Priebus and the Republican National Committee: An explanation of how a venue so unfriendly to Second Amendment rights was chosen for the Republican Convention. Further, we demand a contingency plan to relocate the convention to another location should the Quicken Loans Arena refuse to honor the constitutional rights of the RNC guests to open carry firearms during the convention.

5. From all Republican candidates for President: You have been brave in raising awareness about the immense dangers posed by "gun-free zones." In order to ensure the safety of your supporters, delegates and all attendees at the convention in July, you must call upon the RNC to rectify this affront to our Second Amendment freedoms and insist upon a suspension of the Quicken Loans Arena's unconstitutional "gun-free zone" loophole. Every American is endowed with a God-given Constitutional right to carry a gun wherever and whenever they please.

EDIT: Jaron'd!

Jaron

We had the same thought! Your bothered to post the full article though. I went the lazy route. :P

The Brain

God wrote a constitution that allowed slavery? You can take God out of the OT, but...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

I just love how the guy writes HUSSEIN in all caps. Just to make things clear.

Martinus

I hope there will be enough unmanned cameras at the RNC to broadcast the whole event. :D

Kleves

That's some grade-A trolling right there.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on March 28, 2016, 03:28:54 AM
I hope there will be enough unmanned cameras at the RNC to broadcast the whole event. :D

Highly unlikely anything interesting happens. For all the talk of violence, etc., this is a republican convention. The attendees are republican junkies and officials. Basically a convention of Ned Flanders.

In more fun news, they are actually picking delegates now, and stories are coming out that Trump is doing...I won't say poorly, because you have to actually show up to do poorly.

For example, in Louisiana, Trump won the state, but the Wall Street Journal is reporting that Cruz may end up with as much as 10 more delegates, and Cruz supporters got 5 of the 6 slots on the committees writing convention rules and platforms.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/03/ted_cruz_gaining_delegates_in.html#incart_article_small

And in South Carolina, Trump won all 50 of the states delegates in the primary, but now as the delegates are being picked, the actual support of those 50 by the delegates seems, well, a bit lukewarm.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/south-carolina-delegates-convention-221253
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Admittedly, it's leftists who seem more emotionally unstable these days.

Berkut

Quote from: celedhring on March 28, 2016, 02:55:06 AM
Because the Republican convention was going to be such a peaceful and orderly affair...

https://www.change.org/p/quicken-loans-arena-allow-open-carry-of-firearms-at-the-quicken-loans-arena-during-the-rnc-convention-in-july-2

The most interesting part of that article is the manner in which the author uses the opinion of the NRA as equivalent to established fact.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

lustindarkness

I'm all for them to open carry..... and feeding them free alcohol.  :whistle:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Cleveland PD had already ordered riot gear and orher crowd control equipment for 2,000 officers a month ago, and the state of Ohio is generating MOUs for other neighboring agencies to supplement CPD that week.