News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 25, 2016, 04:04:42 PM
a general statement that spouses/family should be off limits (but I he would go after Bill Clinton hardcore in the general election).

Which would be perfectly fair.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 25, 2016, 04:07:19 PM
a general statement that spouses/family should be off limits (but I he would go after Bill Clinton hardcore in the general election).

Which would be perfectly fair.

So spouses are not off limits...and slut-shaming Bill is fair game.  :(

Eddie Teach

Spouses off-limits unless they've had the job themselves.

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on March 25, 2016, 03:50:48 PM

Cruz denounced the ads, appears to have no connection with the people that set up the PAC, the PAC was not set up to support him, and is

I haven't seen anywhere he has done that...only a denial of any connection, and a general statement that spouses/family should be off limits (but I he would go after Bill Clinton hardcore in the general election).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/24/donald-trump-posted-photo-ted-heidi-cruz/82210692/

The USA Today article says his campaign denounced it. A quick google isn't turning up a good quote directly from Cruz.

Are you now satisfied that Cruz was not behind the ad? Because if we are going to blame campaigns for anything third parties do on their behalf, I don't think it will be tough to go over to stormfront and find a bunch of damning pro trump propaganda.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 24, 2016, 09:09:01 AM
So if Hillary wins, does that mean that Bill will again be in charge of Internal Affairs and Foreign Relations in the White House?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 25, 2016, 04:22:13 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 24, 2016, 09:09:01 AM
So if Hillary wins, does that mean that Bill will again be in charge of Internal Affairs and Foreign Relations in the White House?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on March 25, 2016, 04:21:30 PM

Are you now satisfied that Cruz was not behind the ad? Because if we are going to blame campaigns for anything third parties do on their behalf, I don't think it will be tough to go over to stormfront and find a bunch of damning pro trump propaganda.

I never claimed he was.  But he certainly hasn't been against it...and I don't consider "official statements from the campaign" condemning as nothing more than the usual formality of plausible deniability...be it from Cruz's campaign, or if were it from any other's (Trump's as well, if the situation were reversed).   

Berkut

I have to admire your dedication to being offended.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 25, 2016, 04:26:50 PM
I never claimed he was.  But he certainly hasn't been against it...and I don't consider "official statements from the campaign" condemning as nothing more than the usual formality of plausible deniability...be it from Cruz's campaign, or if were it from any other's (Trump's as well, if the situation were reversed).

I think this is ridiculous and unreasonable.

I posted a link about the PAC from when it was formed. It was not a pro Cruz PAC. It was and is an anti Trump PAC. Here is a link to their youtube videos if you for some reason still have a doubt:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCcqH5KHejWp7EREtcpI0Dg

The founders do not seem to have ties to Cruz. To the extent they have ties to candidates they seem to have been Scott Walker and the Florida candidates.

His campaign denounced the ad.

Trump personally put out something disparaging Cruz's wife as ugly.

If you have anything connecting Cruz with the first ad, please post it, because I don't see any evidence that Cruz or his campaign had anything to do with the first ad. The evidence strongly indicates they didn't.

Looking at all this and saying, "well, Cruz didn't personally state he denounced the ad, so the two sides share blame in this"...wtf?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Eddie Teach

Of course he does. He probably loves It's a Wonderful Life though.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 25, 2016, 06:05:59 PM
Of course he does. He probably loves It's a Wonderful Life though.
:yes: He does.  He doesn't realize Potter is supposed to be a bad guy, though.

MadImmortalMan

By all means. Put my hot Slovenian wife all over the tabloids.  :P

I think the Enquirer is owned at least in part by Trump, btw.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

Quote* Upon further research, USA TODAY found no other candidates have threatened a fellow candidates' wife on the social networking site Twitter.

:lol: