And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2016, 05:59:49 PMAnd she calls herself a leftist.  :lol:

Have you never heard of the Clintons before?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

I have never heard them call themselves "leftist" though.  :hmm:

That would be a curse word for some of the constituencies they aim at.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on March 24, 2016, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 24, 2016, 10:30:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: dps on March 23, 2016, 06:02:17 PM
Trump kind of reminds me of what my ex-gf said about Bill Clinton when he was President:  "The trouble is, we have white trash in the White House.  Not poor white trash, but white trash never-the-less.  I'm a social worker in southern West Virginia;  I know white trash when I see it."  If anything, Trump is trashier than Bill Clinton.
How many Rhodes scholars has she come across during her work with white trash?

That just makes it worse. Most people born into being white trash can't change because they lack the ability or the opportunity to do so. Bill had both, so choosing to remain so is on him.

I would hardly call Bill white trash. Or is that your stereotype of any white person from the south.

Well, he is a serial philanderer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Same reporter who did John Edwards in is running this on Ted Cruz in the National Enquirer.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jimmy olsen

Wisconsin's looking close. If Cruz wins that would be a significant victory for anti-Trump forces

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/ted-cruz-wisconsin-expectations-221220
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2016, 05:07:09 AM
Wisconsin's looking close. If Cruz wins that would be a significant victory for anti-Trump forces

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/ted-cruz-wisconsin-expectations-221220

Meh. It's a silly narrative when compared to 2012 and 2008.  At this time four years ago, Romney was barely fighting off Santorum; only beat him by 12,000 votes in Ohio. (less than 1% margin)  Romney ended with 52% of the primaries popular vote.  McCain ended with 47% of the primaries popular vote in 2008.

As of national GOP polling thru March 22 this year, Trump is at 43% support with a 13-point lead against Cruz: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Four years ago on March 22, Romney was at 36% support with a 7-point lead against Santorum: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 25, 2016, 02:49:22 AM

They are not leftists. They are centrists. Sell outs. Representatives of the Neo-Liberal establishment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tonitrus

Trump is getting pummeled so hard from the press, from every angle, that for me, it is almost hard to not be sympathetic for him.

There is even a very condescending, absurd New York Times article that essentially likens his supporters to the main character from American Psycho.

The final line being:

QuoteAlive today, Bateman would also probably stand at the back of a Trump rally and — if he could find a designer version — pull on a red cap that reads: "Make America Great Again."

Tonitrus

Quote from: alfred russel on March 24, 2016, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on March 24, 2016, 02:34:43 PM
Trump's craftiest move was to pick a fight with Megyn Kelly.  There is no subject the media thinks is more interesting and more important than the media:

Megyn Kelly to Donald Trump: 'Seriously?'

Donald Trump has done the impossible. Not only enticed people like me to vote for Ted Cruz, but also made the Cruz family into sympathetic figures.

Maybe he will get Mexico to pay for that wall.  :hmm:

I like how the attack on Trump's wife basically got a pass, and nothing more than the usual, indirect PAC-attack "It wasn't us!", while Trump's counter is evoking massive derision.

The bad part for Trump's strategy is, that the attack on Melania was not at all likely to last much longer than a 1-week news cycle (and probably get him some unspoken admiration from most of his base)...while his counter attack is likely carry more lasting damage.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2016, 12:15:17 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 25, 2016, 02:49:22 AM

They are not leftists. They are centrists. Sell outs. Representatives of the Neo-Liberal establishment.

I always have a hard time deciding whether your Clinton hate is serious or ironic.  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 25, 2016, 02:09:26 PM
Trump's craftiest move was to pick a fight with Megyn Kelly.  There is no subject the media thinks is more interesting and more important than the media:

Donald Trump has done the impossible. Not only enticed people like me to vote for Ted Cruz, but also made the Cruz family into sympathetic figures.

I like how the attack on Trump's wife basically got a pass, and nothing more than the usual, indirect PAC-attack "It wasn't us!", while Trump's counter is evoking massive derision.

The bad part for Trump's strategy is, that the attack on Melania was not at all likely to last much longer than a 1-week news cycle (and probably get him some unspoken admiration from most of his base)...while his counter attack is likely carry more lasting damage.

I can tell you, though, that his fans love the thing. See, there have already been like dozens of attacks and scandals that were to destroy Trump - but they all make him stronger. Cruz is a goner, at least in the internet-sphere.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 25, 2016, 02:22:53 PM
I always have a hard time deciding whether your Clinton hate is serious or ironic.  :hmm:

WTF? What Clinton hate? I don't hate the Clintons at all. They are very effective and understand the interests of the United States. The last people we want are true believer ideologue nutcases like Cruz or Sanders.

Generally I think leftists are dangerous people who insist the world is how they wish it was rather than how it really is. So saying Hillary is not a leftist is a compliment.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 25, 2016, 02:25:30 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 25, 2016, 02:09:26 PM

I can tell you, though, that his fans love the thing. See, there have already been like dozens of attacks and scandals that were to destroy Trump - but they all make him stronger. Cruz is a goner, at least in the internet-sphere.

Is this like how Hillary is a goner in the internet-sphere and yet still likely to be the nominee?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.