Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 01:34:37 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 23, 2016, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2016, 11:24:40 AM
Trump also has a lot of the religious crowd.

"Religious"

There are a lot of Americans who identify themselves as "Christians".  They are culturally Christian, they may attend Church and religious oriented organizations, even identify themselves as evangelical or "born again" but not necessarily have deep religious commitments.  It is affinity more than faith.  That is where some of the Trump "Christian" vote is coming from.

So that's how Bernie is "Jewish"?

Worried about the ones that got away?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

So if Hillary wins, does that mean that Bill will again be in charge of Internal Affairs and Foreign Relations in the White House?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

Trump's craftiest move was to pick a fight with Megyn Kelly.  There is no subject the media thinks is more interesting and more important than the media:

Megyn Kelly to Donald Trump: 'Seriously?'
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on March 24, 2016, 02:34:43 PM
Trump's craftiest move was to pick a fight with Megyn Kelly.  There is no subject the media thinks is more interesting and more important than the media:

Yeah remember right after 9/11 when some of the media people got some anthrax in the mail? OMG BIGGEST STORY EVAH. Blah blah New York and Afghanistan blah blah BUT ANTHRAX!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Donald Trump has done the impossible. Not only enticed people like me to vote for Ted Cruz, but also made the Cruz family into sympathetic figures.

Maybe he will get Mexico to pay for that wall.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

And he has the media promoting him constantly for free also.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

How these people do it? It is like Kim Kardashian. These people have some sort of voodoo magic that makes everybody talk about them. It makes no damn sense.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Price tag for sitting at a fundraising dinner table with Hillary Clinton and George Clooney:  $353,400 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/hillary-clinton-george-clooney-fundraiser-221207

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on March 24, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
Price tag for sitting at a fundraising dinner table with Hillary Clinton and George Clooney:  $353,400 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/hillary-clinton-george-clooney-fundraiser-221207

And she calls herself a leftist.  :lol:

Monoriu

Imagine President Trump getting into a Twitter war with another head of state :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
Imagine President Trump getting into a Twitter war with another head of state :D

Ok, but only if it's whoever's in charge in Beijing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: dps on March 23, 2016, 06:02:17 PM
Trump kind of reminds me of what my ex-gf said about Bill Clinton when he was President:  "The trouble is, we have white trash in the White House.  Not poor white trash, but white trash never-the-less.  I'm a social worker in southern West Virginia;  I know white trash when I see it."  If anything, Trump is trashier than Bill Clinton.
How many Rhodes scholars has she come across during her work with white trash?

That just makes it worse. Most people born into being white trash can't change because they lack the ability or the opportunity to do so. Bill had both, so choosing to remain so is on him.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

The 42nd President of the United States and his net worth of $80 million doesn't give a flying rat fuck whether you think he's white trash or not.

When you make TIME's Man of the Year twice and get the Presidential Medal of Freedom, then you can talk smack.

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 24, 2016, 10:30:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: dps on March 23, 2016, 06:02:17 PM
Trump kind of reminds me of what my ex-gf said about Bill Clinton when he was President:  "The trouble is, we have white trash in the White House.  Not poor white trash, but white trash never-the-less.  I'm a social worker in southern West Virginia;  I know white trash when I see it."  If anything, Trump is trashier than Bill Clinton.
How many Rhodes scholars has she come across during her work with white trash?

That just makes it worse. Most people born into being white trash can't change because they lack the ability or the opportunity to do so. Bill had both, so choosing to remain so is on him.

I would hardly call Bill white trash. Or is that your stereotype of any white person from the south.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".