News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2016, 01:58:57 AM
Romney is a joke. Flip flops, binders full of women, don't care about the poor - after 4 years people forgot all his missteps but they were countless. Plus he follows the most retarded religion on the planet.

:rolleyes:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2016, 02:35:09 AM
Yes if you reduce a person down to bumper sticker jokes, I can see why you would think that.

The man drove across the country with his dog stuck on the roof of the car. :thumbsdown:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

To be fair, Trump is not a saint either, what's with his pet chinchilla always stuck on the top of his head wherever he goes?

Martinus

Awww, Ted the Liar is trying to fuck Little Marco over.  :cry:

celedhring

Wasn't Cruz's campaign the one that also sent fake threatening "vote or else..." letters that also outed all your neighbor's election turnover record? Classy fella.

Legbiter

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/09/jeb-bush-meeting-with-three-candidates-in-miami-before-march-15-primary/?_r=0

QuoteMIAMI — Jeb Bush, the former governor of Florida who ended his presidential bid after a string of disappointing finishes, is planning to meet with three of the remaining Republican candidates while they're in Miami for the Republican debate on Thursday night.

Mr. Bush has plans to meet with Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, Gov. John Kasich of Ohio and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, an aide to Mr. Bush confirmed. The list's glaring omission, of course, was Donald J. Trump.

Mr. Bush will meet with Mr. Rubio on Wednesday, and Mr. Cruz and Mr. Kasich on Thursday, the aide said. It was unclear whether Mr. Bush intended to make an endorsement before Tuesday's winner-take-all primary in Florida.

Who will get the coveted Jeb! endorsement?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on March 10, 2016, 12:54:37 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2016, 12:30:31 AM
Cruz is a religious fanatic. There is really nothing more to be said. Take a look at his fathers preaching.

"America was founded on a revolutionary idea. Our rights do not come from government. They come from God."
https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/religious-liberty/

:lol: God the Almighty wrote the Bill of Rights? Too bad He waited until the late 18th century after His son's death and only gave those rights to a small number of His creation. But I guess His ways are mysterious.

The founding fathers did not believe rights come from the Bill of Rights.  They believed these rights were intrinsic.  I don't think any of them were out-and-out atheists though so the idea that they "come from God" is not off the wall.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

A god is pretty much the only viable source of objective moral truth/universal values. It works well as long as you believe in one.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 10, 2016, 02:59:15 AM
The man drove across the country with his dog stuck on the roof of the car. :thumbsdown:

Let's not forget pinning down a fellow student and cutting his hair.  Or impersonating a Michigan state trooper and pulling people over.  Or protesting against draft dodgers while filing deferments.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on March 10, 2016, 01:07:28 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2016, 12:58:30 AM

Lame. The whole principle is that those rights are endowed by virtue of somebody being a human being.
A human being under the jurisdiction of the United States of America. Pretty limited for an almighty god. Seems more like human construct to me. As if the American people created a government for themselves to protect certain rights they hold dear.

The beginning of the declaration of independence, the first two sentences at least were standard to require school children to memorize and recite in class. (I didn't realize I could no longer recite them until I tried typing them from memory in this post  :().

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2016, 07:21:11 AM
The founding fathers did not believe rights come from the Bill of Rights.  They believed these rights were intrinsic.  I don't think any of them were out-and-out atheists though so the idea that they "come from God" is not off the wall.

Actually, from what I learned here on Languish all of them except for a couple were devout atheists and left references to the "Creator" in the Declaration of Independence as a sly way of making fun of Christians.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2016, 01:58:57 AM
Romney is a joke. Flip flops, binders full of women, don't care about the poor - after 4 years people forgot all his missteps but they were countless. Plus he follows the most retarded religion on the planet.

You're on pretty thin ice to criticize the religious views of others Marti. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on March 10, 2016, 01:07:28 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2016, 12:58:30 AM

Lame. The whole principle is that those rights are endowed by virtue of somebody being a human being.
A human being under the jurisdiction of the United States of America. Pretty limited for an almighty god. Seems more like human construct to me. As if the American people created a government for themselves to protect certain rights they hold dear.

No all humans are supposed to have these rights not just those living under the benevolent protection of Obama.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."