News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Of course the Bill of Rights does not number all rights you have. But to say you want to "restore the constitution" in an originalist way and then say it comes from god seems strange to at least this Euro as my understanding of the founding fathers isn't that they were particulary religious in their motivations. They seem to be the very embodiment of Enlightenment.

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2016, 12:58:30 AM

Lame. The whole principle is that those rights are endowed by virtue of somebody being a human being.
A human being under the jurisdiction of the United States of America. Pretty limited for an almighty god. Seems more like human construct to me. As if the American people created a government for themselves to protect certain rights they hold dear.

Jaron

Romney 2016

No offense to Uncle Ben Carson or Cruz or Rubio or any of the others but America has had its fill of minority presidents for the moment.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Romney is a joke. Flip flops, binders full of women, don't care about the poor - after 4 years people forgot all his missteps but they were countless. Plus he follows the most retarded religion on the planet.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on March 10, 2016, 01:03:49 AM
Of course the Bill of Rights does not number all rights you have. But to say you want to "restore the constitution" in an originalist way and then say it comes from god seems strange to at least this Euro as my understanding of the founding fathers isn't that they were particulary religious in their motivations. They seem to be the very embodiment of Enlightenment.

They were very big on Locke's idea of natural rights, which were presumed to have been granted by the Creater.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2016, 01:58:57 AM
Romney is a joke. Flip flops, binders full of women, don't care about the poor - after 4 years people forgot all his missteps but they were countless. Plus he follows the most retarded religion on the planet.

Well, we are not trying to find the perfect candidate.  We are merely trying to find the best of the bunch.  Romney may or may not be good, but he seems to be better than Trump. 

Martinus

Quote from: Monoriu on March 10, 2016, 02:02:11 AM

Well, we are not trying to find the perfect candidate.  We are merely trying to find the best of the bunch.  Romney may or may not be good, but he seems to be better than Trump.

Who are "we"? Is the GOP establishment controlled by Chinese bureaucrats? That would actually explain why they want to bring America down.

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2016, 02:01:58 AM

They were very big on Locke's idea of natural rights, which were presumed to have been granted by the Creater.

:D

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2016, 02:01:58 AM

What the hell is a 'Creater' ?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Martinus

I think it's the opposite of the "Destreyer".

celedhring

The being that has created all the crates in the universe.

garbon

I'm not sure why your lack of understanding of American history is particularly interesting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Yes if you reduce a person down to bumper sticker jokes, I can see why you would think that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.