News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 10:46:21 PM
LOL after Trump said nice things about Cruz, Cruz basically called him Satan in his speech.

But more likely than not, Trump will be the nominee.  In that case, is Cruz going to vote for and support his fellow Republican Donald Trump, aka Satan? 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 01, 2016, 10:50:08 PM
LOL after Trump said nice things about Cruz, Cruz basically called him Satan in his speech.

But more likely than not, Trump will be the nominee.  In that case, is Cruz going to vote for and support his fellow Republican Donald Trump, aka Satan? 

Cruz is not that kind of guy. He is ideological so he is unlikely to stump for Trump. Um...stump for Trump...nice.

But I cannot see him voting Democrat. Maybe he will vote Libertarian.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Clinton victory speech:  "We know we’ve got work to do. But that work, that work is not to make American great again.  We have to make American whole."

Trump victory speech:  "She wants to make America whole again, and I'm trying to figure out what that's all about.  Making America great again will be better than making America whole again."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2016, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 01, 2016, 10:50:08 PM

Cruz is not that kind of guy. He is ideological so he is unlikely to stump for Trump. Um...stump for Trump...nice.

But I cannot see him voting Democrat. Maybe he will vote Libertarian.

Republican senators aren't bound to endorse their party's presidential nominee?  Where is their party discipline?  :blink:

jimmy olsen

Rubio will definitely win Minnesota, no idea why it hasn't been called yet.

53% in
Rubio 22,176 37.3 0 
Cruz 16,630 28.0 0 
Trump 12,552 21.1 0 
Carson 4,229 7.1 0 
Kasich 3,754 6.3 0

Vermont

77% in
Trump 15,096 32.2 5 
Kasich 14,374 30.7 5 
Rubio 9,175 19.6 0 
Cruz 4,597 9.8 0 
Carson 1,919 4.1 0
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on March 01, 2016, 10:54:35 PM
Republican senators aren't bound to endorse their party's presidential nominee?  Where is their party discipline?  :blink:

If it makes you feel any better the Democrats are even less disciplined.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

As someone else remarked here a long time ago, we don't have parties, we have 650 independents.

Was Hillary expected to win Massachussets?

jimmy olsen

Damn

QuoteGuardian politics reporter Ben Jacobs flags some non-presidential-election news from this voting night:

Texas Representative Kevin Brady, the powerful chairman of the House Ways and Means committee, is facing a Tea Party primay challenge – and is currently under 50%.

If he doesn't crack that mark, it goes to a runoff and that would become the next huge scalp for right wingers to try to claim.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 01, 2016, 10:59:59 PM

As someone else remarked here a long time ago, we don't have parties, we have 650 independents.

Was Hillary expected to win Massachussets?

It was expected to be close, but Sanders really needed it

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 11:00:51 PM
Damn

My people are really going insane. Some day I will mourn the passing of the corrupt Rick Perry machine.

Admiral Yi

At what point does alien mind control not seem so outlandish?

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/01/upshot/super-tuesday-live-republican-delegate-estimates.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fupshot&action=click&contentCollection=upshot&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

The NYT is running a live projection of delegate counts--for all the talk of Trump dominance, he is coming in at ~43% of the total right now. That obviously isn't enough to get him the nomination without a contested convention. It may be easier to run up big margins when the winner take all states come around in a couple weeks, but things also may get harder for him when/if the field consolidates.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

For those on the dumbass Trump Train - I'm looking at you Legbiter, Phillip V, Martinus, and Tim - my brother who works in Georgia told me the anecdote that sums up what is behind the Trump wins tongiht. He was visiting the factory floor, and a lady down there told him she thought Rubio would make the best president, but she voted for Trump because she didn't think Rubio was American enough.

Make American Great Again Y'all!!!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014