And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Pfft, I already knew it.  It came with the instructions on sending the check. :cry:

Valmy

Well that is a dagger in the Trump momentum. Months and months (and months and months) of hand wringing...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Here's the speech I was working up my courage to make if no one else was going to speak on behalf of Rubio:

"Marco Rubio is not my first choice.  My first choice is Chris Christie.  However, tonight I will be casting my vote for Rubio because he represents the best chance of stopping Donald Trump.  If you feel about Trump the same way I do, please join me in voting for Marco Rubio.

Thank you."

DGuller

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2016, 11:29:36 PM
Well that is a dagger in the Trump momentum. Months and months (and months and months) of hand wringing...

Since August I have consistently been making posts that Trump is not getting the nomination, even if that has been lost in a tsunami of tim posts with Trump at the top of the polls. I apologize for not posting harder.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2016, 11:33:24 PM
Here's the speech I was working up my courage to make if no one else was going to speak on behalf of Rubio:

"Marco Rubio is not my first choice.  My first choice is Chris Christie.  However, tonight I will be casting my vote for Rubio because he represents the best chance of stopping Donald Trump.  If you feel about Trump the same way I do, please join me in voting for Marco Rubio.

Thank you."

I have no idea how caucuses work.  So you have to make a speech!?!

Valmy

God Damn it. Sanders is going to win this isn't he? Fuck fuck FUCK
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2016, 11:45:53 PM
still very TBD

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2016, 11:33:24 PM

Thank you."

In real life I never talk about politics. Even my close family isn't sure whether I'm a republican or democrat. The first exception to that is that I've been rather open on how much I hate donald trump. I would have proudly made a fuck donald trump speech.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 11:44:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

Since August I have consistently been making posts that Trump is not getting the nomination, even if that has been lost in a tsunami of tim posts with Trump at the top of the polls. I apologize for not posting harder.

Road to Damascus conversions from people over 60 who want to be President just aren't convincing enough for some people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2016, 11:45:53 PM

On the 538 blog, they have mentioned that a lot of the votes that are out are from a county Hillary is strong in.

I don't know that it really matters at this point. It is basically a tie. There may be reviews of the count, most people are in bed by now anyway, and we are off to New Hampshire.

Jacob

I read that Clinton has 27 delegates vs Sanders' 22, with two to go. That includes super delegates, and taking precincts (or whatever they're called) into account. So even if Sanders breaks 50% Clinton will end up ahead in delegates.

... if what I read is true, anyhow.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on February 01, 2016, 11:45:06 PM
I have no idea how caucuses work.  So you have to make a speech!?!

No one is required to give a speech.  They passed around a clip board at the beginning with the list of candidates.  Anyone who wanted to could write their name down in order to give a speech promoting that particular candidate.

There were still several blanks on the clipboard when the speeches began, so the chairman just read off a candidate name and asked if anyone wanted to speechify on his behalf.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on February 01, 2016, 11:49:12 PM
Even my close family isn't sure whether I'm a republican or democrat.

Neither are the semi-anonymous people you vent to online, at least not 100%.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?