News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2015, 09:21:00 AM
Sigh. Yet another presidential election where we get to pick between the worst possible options.

Well given that we don't even actually know who the options are going to be...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I was looking forward to the big Cuomo vs. Dole election back in 1987.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2015, 09:32:44 AM
I was looking forward to the big Cuomo vs. Dole election back in 1987.

Total heartbreaker, that one.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2015, 09:23:28 AM
Sigh. Yet another presidential election where we get to pick between the worst possible options.

Sure we do - it is Hillary and some Republican acceptable to a bunch of tea party douchebags.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2015, 09:37:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2015, 09:23:28 AM

Sure we do - it is Hillary and some Republican acceptable to a bunch of tea party douchebags.

Oh is that how it went down in '08? Not that I see anyone on the horizon but I don't know, past events have me skeptical that we can just call the primary right now for Hil.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5f35e25c77194546822769b2f9672fe3/ap-sues-state-department-seeking-access-clinton-records

Or at least I assume it's a big deal since Drudge had it up in red on his site.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Sweet.  Now we'll finally get to the bottom of Benghazi!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2015, 10:17:40 AM
SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Indeed.   A FOIA compliance lawsuit.  The heart races.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Admiral Yi

AP?  Partisan right?  Or is that a different AP?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 11, 2015, 10:56:39 AM
AP?  Partisan right?  Or is that a different AP?

It is part of the vast associated right wing conspiracy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'm curious as to why this is only breaking now.  Some of the emails that were already given up were from the private account, right?  Didn't they have the email address on them?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on March 11, 2015, 10:17:40 AM
SHIT JUST GOT REAL

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5f35e25c77194546822769b2f9672fe3/ap-sues-state-department-seeking-access-clinton-records

Or at least I assume it's a big deal since Drudge had it up in red on his site.

QuoteSpecifically, AP is seeking copies of Clinton's full schedules and calendars from her four years as secretary of state; documents related to her department's decision to grant a special position to longtime aide Huma Abedin; related correspondence from longtime advisers Philippe Reines and Cheryl Mills, who, like Abedin, are likely to play central roles in a Clinton presidential campaign; documents related to Clinton's and the agency's roles in the Osama bin Laden raid and National Security Agency surveillance practices; and documents related to her role overseeing a major Defense Department contractor.

I wasn't aware FOIA was so all-encompassing.

CountDeMoney

celedhring

I probably didn't phrase it correctly, I meant I wasn't aware FOIA allowed the disclosure of such a wide array of documents generated by a member of the government in a daily basis. They are asking for schedules, communication with her aides, etc...