News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 06:00:18 PM
She's probably had a lot of accomplishments in her years of public service.  But I can't think of any at the moment.  Can you? :unsure:
None.

QuoteYeah politicians promising things they can never deliver is really great!
That's not the only alternative to being a void of conviction.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Graham has never sent an email  :huh: :wacko:

Someone's McCain's age, I can believe it, but Graham doesn't even turn 60 until July. That's crazy. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/lindsey-graham-ive-never-sent-email-n319571
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I'm pretty sure his aides and assistants will have sent plenty.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

Someone's McCain's age, I can believe it, but Graham doesn't even turn 60 until July. That's crazy. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/lindsey-graham-ive-never-sent-email-n319571

Graham is probably functionally illiterate anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: celedhring on March 09, 2015, 03:42:33 AM
I'm pretty sure his aides and assistants will have sent plenty.

Yeah, I figure most high-level politicos might actually send an e-mail or two themselves for show, but for the most part, they have someone to do it for them.

CountDeMoney

Which is why Hillary's email issue is a non-starter.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

How can anyone working today in any high profile position where there's a need to communicate not have sent an email? I could see not bothering to have a private email for someone like a Congress member since they all have, or can have, government accounts. It looks like Graham is even talking about never sending a govt email, which is hard to believe.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2015, 01:40:31 PM
Which is why Hillary's email issue is a non-starter.

I saw the Benghazi commission is upset.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2015, 01:43:09 PM
:lol:  There we go.

They want to go ape over confidential emails, but Secretaries of State don't write, send or receive Top Secret/Confidential emails--their aides, staffs and flunkies do.  All their Top Secret shit is in their head, verbalized in meetings and communicated in phone calls.  Part of the benefits of being an executive is not having to sweat little stuff like emails.

Admiral Yi

It appears Hillary might have already deleted 30,000 personal emails on that account.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

QuoteShe said she had only convenience in mind in choosing to use just a personal email account.

"I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two," she explained.

Holy shit, imagine that.

Berkut

Well, if she said it, that must be the reason. I mean, a system politician would never lie, right?

Hillary running is really going to tax my anger at Republicans. What a completely boring option who is guaranteed to not even try to address any of the critical issues we face.

On the other hand, any Republican imaginable is going to try to destroy Obamacare, which would be a complete disaster as well.

Sigh. Yet another presidential election where we get to pick between the worst possible options.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned