2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

And unlike birtherism that will not go away after her term either.

CountDeMoney

It will be interesting to see exactly how they "won't accept her as president."  Don't think they offer free exchanges at the POTUS store without receipts.

Syt

I imagine it could be in the form of civil disobedience. Although that seems to be a good way to be shot by police. Then again it seems a lot of them are throwing in with Trump.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

I think most of those people are losers and will just say loser things like "Oh, we didn't really lose because those damn brown folk set it up!", in the way that losers sometimes refuse to accept the truth that they are, in fact, losing losers. They'll quietly grumble to themselves and post dank memes on Facebook for 4 years and that will be it.

What I'd be worried about more are the Timothy McVeigh, lone wolf types.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2016, 05:14:14 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/21/hillary-clinton-black-millennial-voters

QuoteWhy should we trust you? Hillary's big problem with young black Americans
In the 1990s, Democrats helped shift the national conversation away from systemic racism. If the country's first black president could not disrupt the racial status quo, what can we expect Clinton to accomplish?

This headline and subheadline on Guardian made me laugh. It doesn't really matter, young black Americans, at this point you really don't have any other options. You begrudgingly vote for Hil or you embrace Trump who thinks you are all living in the inner city that looks like Aleppo.

Well you can also vote for a guy who doesn't know what Aleppo is. :D

HVC

The best part of the story was that she was so drunk she thought a sign for a conservation group was for a conservative group.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2016, 08:42:26 AM
The best part of the story was that she was so drunk she thought a sign for a conservation group was for a conservative group.

That and weaponized peanut butter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on October 21, 2016, 11:41:03 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/21/republicans-reject-us-election-result-hillary-clinton-win

Reuters/Ipsos poll: if Clinton wins, 70% of surveyed Republicans say it's due to illegal vote tampering. Half say they won't accept her as president.

After years of "birtherism", will we get years of stories about how Crooked Hillary stole the election?

It is really just an extension of the horns/halo effect. You have a team (a)/team (b) situation, you ask the supporters of team (a) about some positive trait, and a bunch will tell you team (a) has it and team (b) lacks it. Ask about a negative trait, and you get the reverse. Ask about whether team (a) won fairly, and you will get a bunch of positive responses. As about whether team (b) won fairly, and you will get a bunch of negative responses.

Pollsters know this, and ask a bunch of stupid questions to get their clickbait article of the day.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Ok, but why would then 70 percent of Democrats accept a loss, and only under 50 percent would consider it the result of cheating?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on October 22, 2016, 10:10:01 AM
Ok, but why would then 70 percent of Democrats accept a loss, and only under 50 percent would consider it the result of cheating?

Because accepting election results versus pouting about election results has become a campaign issue. That skews the tendencies. Also, the two sides may not contain equal number of stupid people.

A prediction: in November a president will be elected, and 99%+ will accept the results. Trump may not say he accepts them, but he isn't going to pull up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in a moving van either.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on October 22, 2016, 10:17:06 AM
A prediction: in November a president will be elected, and 99%+ will accept the results. Trump may not say he accepts them, but he isn't going to pull up to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in a moving van either.

No shit; what do people think he is going to do?  Tell the generals loyal to him to keep their troops ready in their barracks and wait for his signal?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Hamilcar

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2016, 11:11:34 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 22, 2016, 10:17:06 AM

No shit; what do people think he is going to do?  Tell the generals loyal to him to keep their troops ready in their barracks and wait for his signal?

I believe it's traditional to offer the praetorian guard a substantial donative to ensure a smooth transition.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 22, 2016, 11:33:29 AM
I believe it's traditional to offer the praetorian guard a substantial donative to ensure a smooth transition.

They already get their bullshit veterans preference points for permanent employment, so that won't make those filthy welfare queens move any faster.