HVC

Quote from: 11B4V on October 20, 2016, 08:17:56 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 20, 2016, 08:16:48 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 20, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
What a classless douche.

Trump, Hilary, or CdM? :unsure:

Trump at the dinner. Being booed.

Ahh. Didn't know there was a televised dinner thing going on
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2016, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 20, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
What a classless douche.

Who, LaCroix in this thread or Trump at the Al Smith dinner right now?  :lol:

edit: good catch, HVC, didn't consider myself :lol:

:D

I turned on the dinner at the tail end without realizing what was going on. seemed like an incredibly awkward speech

FunkMonk

Donald has all of the comedic chops of the holocaust.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

First I've heard of a bomber detonating two suicide vests in two days.  :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2016, 08:19:37 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 20, 2016, 08:17:56 PM
Trump at the dinner. Being booed.

He has all the comedic timing of a Maoist commissar.  :lol:

I thought, just for a second, he would show some class. Instead he went into a steep dive and firewalled the throttles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Hillary's wearing her heels for the nutshots, though  :lol:

edit:  Rudy Giuliani is seething like he's trying to melt her face with his mind, holy shit he's insane

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Trump had a couple good ones (especially the Michelle Obama/Milania joke), but yeah, he crashed hard....what the hell was the Haiti joke anyway?

Hillary's jokes were better overall...but also pretty relentless, just that Hillary's were better written/delivered (or, at least, better at deemphasizing the classlessness).  Trump's had all of the deemphasis of a nuclear bomb.

Actually, on second thought...Hillary did avoid the sexual harassment/pussy grab topic, which does give a significant edge in class.

Phillip V

Clinton won on class by talking about Al Smith and anti-Catholicism in past elections.

jimmy olsen

Please go ahead.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/republicans-ousting-paul-ryan-donald-trump/

QuoteGOP lawmaker: Move to oust Ryan grows over speaker's tepid support of Trump

By Ted Barrett, Manu Raju and Deirdre Walsh, CNN
Updated 2220 GMT (0620 HKT) October 20, 2016

(CNN) — The conservative Republican congressman who led the charge to oust former Speaker John Boehner is now agitating for the removal of his replacement.

Rep. Mark Meadows said Thursday the effort to remove Speaker Paul Ryan is "picking up some steam" because many GOP lawmakers and a stream of callers to the North Carolinian's congressional offices are incensed the Wisconsin Republican hasn't embraced fully Donald Trump's candidacy for president.

"A lot of people who believe so desperately that we need to put Donald Trump in the White House -- they question the loyalty of the speaker," Meadows told radio host Tyler Cralle of WAAV radio in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Meadows, one of the 30-plus members of the ultra-conservative and powerful House Freedom Caucus, said there "will be real discussions after November 8 on who our leadership will be and what that will look like going forward."

House Republicans are expected to meet privately the week after the election to vote for their leaders.

Meadow's sentiment got a boost from conservative commentator Sean Hannity who told the Washington Post that he'd like to see Meadows or two other members of the House Freedom Caucus, Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio or Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas, run against Ryan for the House's top job.

Just over a year ago, Meadows, a mild-mannered second term lawmaker who was worried Boehner wasn't taking a hard line in spending negotiations with the White House, threatened to force a no-confidence vote that might have succeeded. But before it could happen, the Ohio Republican shocked his colleagues by resigning.

In the radio interview Meadows referenced an "infamous" conference call for House Republicans that Ryan led last Monday in which the speaker said he would no longer campaign for or defend the GOP standard-bearer. Ryan has had a publicly troubled relationship with Trump for months, but his decision to back away from Trump -- although not formally unendorsed him -- came after the controversial Access Hollywood videos were released showing Trump bragging about sexually abusing women.

Ryan's stance upset many Trump supporters.

"I've probably had more calls about the speaker and where he is and why he's not getting behind the nominee than any other call in the last week or so since the infamous conference call," Meadows said.

Asked for reaction to Meadow's comments, Ryan's spokeswoman AshLee Strong said, "Speaker Ryan is fighting to ensure we hold a strong majority next Congress, and he is always working to earn the respect and support of his colleagues."

Privately, Ryan's allies argue he has broad support in the GOP conference and his job is safe.

Even Meadows recognized Trump is not a traditional conservative candidate and acknowledged he didn't support him initially. But he said there is too much at stake -- such as Supreme Court appointments -- not to back the Republican.

"It's not as much about the shared values, because I'm certainly more conservative than he is," Meadows said about Trump. "But it's a shared concern about the direction the country is going."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on October 20, 2016, 03:57:53 PM
There was no "supposedly" about it.  I mean "trashed" was a bit strong.

Apparently though Bush 43 was very determined to have a smooth and easy transfer of power, and Obama has spoken highly of him for it.

QuoteThe accounting office said similar pranks were reported in prior transitions, including the one from Mr. Bush's father to Mr. Clinton in 1993. ''We were unable to conclude,'' it said, ''whether the 2001 transition was worse than previous ones.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/12/us/white-house-vandalized-in-transition-gao-finds.html

So, apparently not out of the ordinary, but brought up because it was a Democrat leaving office.

Dubya being a good steward in the turnover is unsurprising.  He might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but he had manners.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!