2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2016, 02:24:32 AM
What a shitty intro.

I dunno.  Maybe he deliberately set out to discredit anything he could say in later paragraphs.  It worked for me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Liep on October 20, 2016, 06:39:53 AM
Clearly rigged

https://www.rt.com/politics/363478-united-states-bars-russian-monitors/

Curious how Americans, unlike Russians, have no personal names whatever.  Isvestia still has some things to learn from the Daily Fail.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2016, 06:41:29 AM
What a shitty intro.

I dunno.  Maybe he deliberately set out to discredit anything he could say in later paragraphs.  It worked for me.

True, did the same for me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: Martinus on October 20, 2016, 12:46:12 AM
To be honest, I'd much rather have a nation that is built around a myth of a legal document and founding fathers than one worshipping the concept of "ethnic identity".

And it's absolutely a binary choice, right?

garbon

Quote from: Gups on October 20, 2016, 07:04:22 AM
To be honest, I'd much rather have a nation that is built around a myth of a legal document and founding fathers than one worshipping the concept of "ethnic identity".

Well I don't know why at all a nation in the 21st century would want to be based on ethnic identity. Seems very problematic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Gups on October 20, 2016, 07:04:22 AM

Not at all. It could also be built around love for a figurehead monarchy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2016, 06:59:25 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2016, 06:41:29 AM
What a shitty intro.

True, did the same for me.

It was neither good comedy nor informative journalism. Given the trouble he's gone to do the "research", he should have worked a bit harder when putting the whole thing in writing.

FunkMonk

After all this I'm starting to feel bad for Donald. He's just so completely out of his league (bigly!) . He sucks at debating, he can't stay on message much less string coherent thoughts together on stage, he doesn't know when to stop punching himself in the dick, can't take any advice... This whole time it's basically been The Donald vs. Himself and he's losing  :lol:

But yeah, his whole life is unraveling before him for all the world to see. Being humiliated in every debate, even if he doesn't even realize it. That has to to take a toll on him emotionally. I'm sure Ivanka, who seems like an actual decent human being, feels really bad for her Dad.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Monoriu

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 20, 2016, 08:21:25 AM
After all this I'm starting to feel bad for Donald. He's just so completely out of his league (bigly!) . He sucks at debating, he can't stay on message much less string coherent thoughts together on stage, he doesn't know when to stop punching himself in the dick, can't take any advice... This whole time it's basically been The Donald vs. Himself and he's losing  :lol:

But yeah, his whole life is unraveling before him for all the world to see. Being humiliated in every debate, even if he doesn't even realize it. That has to to take a toll on him emotionally. I'm sure Ivanka, who seems like an actual decent human being, feels really bad for her Dad.  :(

I have no sympathies whatsoever.  I mean, it is hard to find any politician who is more repulsive and revolting than Donald Trump in any functioning democracy.  Even if someone actively tries to be obnoxious, it is a challenge to beat Donald Trump.  Brags about sexually assaulting women?  Colludes with foreign enemies?  Calls for your political opponents be jailed or assassinated?  Spews lies non-stop?  Refuses to accept voting results?  Insults parents of fallen soldiers?  Attacks racial and religious minorities?  I am sure I have missed a whole lot. 

Valmy

The whole 'rigged election' thing makes it hard for me to be sympathetic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

I missed the debate (dang it!) but I read this morning that Hillary said she believes the Second Amendment guarantees and individual right to bear arms.  Is Laguish: outraged?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 20, 2016, 08:37:50 AM
I missed the debate (dang it!) but I read this morning that Hillary said she believes the Second Amendment guarantees and individual right to bear arms.  Is Laguish: outraged?

Not really. I have been saying for years everybody freaking out about the 2nd Amendment was an idiot. The Supreme Court made their decision. The other amendments  deserve more attention.

LaCroix

yeah, trump has shown how terrible he is as a person. I personally can't wait for his empire to crumble as a result of his destroyed brand name. it's what he deserves for the mess he's put the country through