2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Zanza on October 11, 2016, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 11, 2016, 01:50:46 PM
I remain convinced of the possibility that Trump agreed to run for President to help the Clintons out and is trying to destroy the GOP from within.

That, or he's mentally ill.  One or the other for sure. :wacko:
If he outs himself as a Clinton surrogate after the election, he would be the greatest troll in the history of mankind.

He should do it even if he wasn't. What's he got to lose?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on October 11, 2016, 02:33:15 PM
I remain convinced of the possibility that Trump agreed to run for President to help the Clintons out and is trying to destroy the GOP from within.

If he outs himself as a Clinton surrogate after the election, he would be the greatest troll in the history of mankind.

The much-rumoured TrumpTV.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

"Lying Hillary promised me a huuge kickback if I destroyed the Republican Party for her. Now that I lost, where's my thank-you? I tell you, that woman has no sense of gratitude!"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

He can do it as a death bed confession. Gets historians to talk about him for years. Plus it'd be really mean spirited. Right up his alley
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Quote from: Malthus on October 11, 2016, 02:46:34 PM

"Lying Hillary promised me a huuge kickback if I destroyed the Republican Party for her. Now that I lost, where's my thank-you? I tell you, that woman has no sense of gratitude!"

"Lying Hillary hired me to destroy the GOP for her, which proves how crooked she really is. See? I was right all along!"

Mind. Blown.

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on October 11, 2016, 03:00:50 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 11, 2016, 02:46:34 PM

"Lying Hillary hired me to destroy the GOP for her, which proves how crooked she really is. See? I was right all along!"

Mind. Blown.

:lol:

I like your version better.   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

I think doing so could prove hazardous to his health.  He would make a lot of crazy, well-armed people very angry.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Huckabee :D

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/11/trump-tape-paul-ryan-support?page=with:block-57fd4b68e4b05d915e423fd2#block-57fd4b68e4b05d915e423fd2

QuoteThe 2016 campaign has jumped the shark. Specifically, the shark from Jaws.

In a conversation with Fox News host Megyn Kelly, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee declared that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump may be rough around the edges, but when the chips are down, he's the person you can trust to save your life - not unlike Captain Quint in the film Jaws.

"He's like Captain Quint in the original movie Jaws," said Huckabee. "He's vulgar, he's salty, he might even get drunk... But hold on here: he's the guy who's gonna save your butt and save your family. And so, at the end of the day, when he kills the shark, you're happy about it."

Huckabee, who has long been a critic of American popular culture, continued with the analogy. "Now, Hillary is the shark," Huckabee said. "She's going to eat your boat, she's gonna have open borders, immigration out the kazoo, and so the choice is, do you vote for Captain Quint, who's gonna save your family, or do you vote for the shark? That's the choice you get to make."

Kelly, clearly a scholar of summer blockbusters, burst Huckabee's bubble by reminding the former governor that Quint was devoured by the shark.

"Now, governor, I hate to be the one to tell you this," said Kelly. "Captain Quint got eaten by the shark."

"But he died saving the other people!" Huckabee protested, laughing.

"But he died!" Kelly said. "Went down in flames and the shark won as between the two of them!"

Huckabee continued, despite the blow to his theory.

"The shark didn't win! The shark got blown up! Look, any analogy can fall apart, Megyn," Huckabee said, laughing. "Come on, work with me!"

Kelly rounded out the segment by singing Quint's song from the film, Fairwell And Adieu to You Fair Spanish Ladies, because this campaign needs at least a little levity.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

OK, it's over....

The taint is dead as a force in the world, there's nothing Timmay can now post that'll stop Clinton from winner this one.  :gasp:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2016, 04:01:41 PM
OK, it's over....

The taint is dead as a force in the world, there's nothing Timmay can now post that'll stop Clinton from winner this one.  :gasp:

This is a whole new breed of taint and we are yet to see its destructive powers. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on October 11, 2016, 04:04:52 PM
This is a whole new breed of taint and we are yet to see its destructive powers. :(

Taint was... tainted? :o

Legbiter

OK, it's over....

We probably have 12 twists and turns to go before November 8.  :showoff:

I say the Taint will win. I wonder if Tim felt a tingling sensation when he released it.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

lustindarkness

Yeap, Captain Quint will get eaten by the shark. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on October 11, 2016, 04:13:27 PM
OK, it's over....

We probably have 12 twists and turns to go before November 8.  :showoff:

I say the Taint will win. I wonder if Tim felt a tingling sensation when he released it.

If Donald Trump wins on Nov. 8 he will have accomplished a remarkable and miraculous comeback the likes of which have rarely been seen in American political history. Future historians will acknowledge him as a genius.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 11, 2016, 05:08:15 PM
If Donald Trump wins on Nov. 8 he will have accomplished a remarkable and miraculous comeback the likes of which have rarely been seen in American political history. Future historians will acknowledge him as a genius.

How many historians can write hagiographies in under two weeks?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"