2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2016, 10:26:43 AM
What do youse guys think Hillary's optimal response to Donald's heckling would have been?  Tit for tat?  High road?

Spinebuster, Arn Anderson style.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2016, 10:26:43 AM
What do youse guys think Hillary's optimal response to Donald's heckling would have been?  Tit for tat?  High road?

In the debate and on the trail, maintain.

Behind the scenes, put the Clinton smear machine in overdrive. There's probably way more damaging stuff out there on Trump.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I will check if there's any fan made politician characters for WWE 2k16 tonight. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on October 10, 2016, 10:41:16 AM
I will check if there's any fan made politician characters for WWE 2k16 tonight. :D

You can always play as the Clintons in the old NBA Jam.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2016, 11:03:05 AM
If this debate wasn't a hands down win for Hilary, then it I'm of the opinion that she's a pretty poor candidate.

How do you define victory in a political debate when one of the participants isn't debating?  How can you quantify whether a candidate is effective is there isn't another one to compare with?  This whole election is one sided:  as in, only one side is participating.  Not much different than what's been going on in Washington in general.

The Clinton campaign has been running a political election campaign.  Trump has been running something entirely different: reality-TV-thread-flamewar-lone-wolf-shooter-shock-jock-cult-of-personality demagoguery.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2016, 11:03:05 AM
If this debate wasn't a hands down win for Hilary, then it I'm of the opinion that she's a pretty poor candidate.

How do you define victory in a political debate when one of the participants isn't debating?  How can you quantify whether a candidate is effective is there isn't another one to compare with?  This whole election is one sided:  as in, only one side is participating.  Not much different than what's been going on in Washington in general.

The Clinton campaign has been running a political election campaign.  Trump has been running something entirely different: reality-TV-thread-flamewar-lone-wolf-shooter-shock-jock-cult-of-personality demagoguery.

You have a point there.

Maybe I'm naive and assume if one candidate points out, in a forthright way, just how off the wall another candidate is, then some of his supporters will come to their senses and realise just how unsuitable for office he is, yet still a solid 40% back him.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2016, 11:22:42 AM
Maybe I'm naive and assume if one candidate points out, in a forthright way, just how off the wall another candidate is, then some of his supporters will come to their senses and realise just how unsuitable for office he is, yet still a solid 40% back him.  :hmm:

Mongers, for fuck's sake:  his supporters are an entire generation of GOPers, conspiracy theorists, misogynists, these-colors-don't-run patriotards raised in the FoxNews/talk radio/blogosphere bubble hating all things/everything Clinton since 1992.  And you expect the very target of their hatred to convince them that their Captain Ahab is crazy? 

Yeah, you are pretty fucking naive.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Worst?  What worst?  It'll just be another shell bouncing off the hull.  And what will he do?  The same thing he's always done, in life and in this campaign, even last night:  it's Jim Jones-David Koresh-Hitler-at-the-bunker bullshit, in a take-everybody-with-me a flurry of you-will-all-pay fury.

So somebody files a child rape case against him.  Big deal.  He'll just do a mountain of Tony Montana dat's-good-chit-mang coke, threaten all those around him and, I dunno, release a sex tape of him giving cuckhold creampies to all of Bill Clinton's former accusers  I CAN SATISFY YOUR WOMEN WHEN YOU CANT

11B4V

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2016, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 10, 2016, 11:22:42 AM

Mongers, for fuck's sake:  his supporters are an entire generation of GOPers, conspiracy theorists, misogynists, these-colors-don't-run patriotards raised in the FoxNews/talk radio/blogosphere bubble hating all things/everything Clinton since 1992.  And you expect the very target of their hatred to convince them that their Captain Ahab is crazy? 

This.  For about 25 years she has been a national hate figure.  You have voters who have known nothing but Hillary Hate.  The right's fixation on her back in the 1990's was weird.  It's still weird.  Just take for an example something Trump said last night.  It's Hillary's fault that Trump paid no federal income tax for two decades.  She should have fixed it 30 years ago he said.  Because apparently, that's what the wife of the governor of Arkansas is suppose to do: change federal tax law.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017