2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

If this is legit it's hard to see Trump winning Florida. Obama got 4,237,756 votes in Florida in 2012, so this is an increase of 10% in the Democratic vote.

https://twitter.com/electionsmith/status/782929522773680128

As of this morning, Florida Democratic Party has submitted 469k voter registration forms; Republican Party of Florida has submitted 59k
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Pfft, okay Mr. Assange, you are so relevant. I like how he is now hedging completely so he can still get attention but hopefully not get blamed if his bombshell is a dud.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/299106-no-rumored-october-surprise-at-wikileaks-anniversary-event

QuoteNo rumored October surprise at WikiLeaks event

A Tuesday morning WikiLeaks event in Berlin did not produce an "#OctoberSurprise" to derail the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign that many had expected, but Julian Assange said he would release more documents before Election Day.

"I've seen the internet and I understand there is enormous expectation in the United States," said Assange, the site's editor, via video conference at the event, celebrating the 10-year anniversary of WikiLeaks held at 10 a.m. Berlin time.

"Some of that expectation will be addressed [when I announce upcoming projects]. But you should understand that if we're going to make a major publication in relation to the United States at a particular hour, we don't do it at 3 a.m."
Many observers believed that Assange had planned to announce a document post with damning evidence of corruption, wrongdoing or other scandal.

On Monday, Trump advisor Roger Stone tweeted "I have total confidence that @wikileaks and my hero Julian Assange will educate the American people soon #LockHerUp."

Stone has claimed to be in contact with Assange.

The site InfoWars hosted a live video feed of "Historic Wikileaks October Surprise Coverage" with controversial presenter Alex Jones on hand to do commentary, anticipating a splashy document release.

Assange did announce a number of new initiatives at WikiLeaks. The site is pursuing a new membership program designed to help offset the continuing costs of litigation and will launch an international army to defend the website, Assange said.  Assange stressed that army would be non-violent.

He also announced that the site had more than 1 million documents it planned to release before the end of the year, including documents on weapons, oil, Google, surveillance and the 2016 election. He promised the election documents would be released before November 8.

But Assange cautioned that the election leaks might not be the Clinton-buster Stone and Jones were anticipating, calling claims he is specifically stocking documents "intending to harm" the Democratic candidate "false," saying he has been misquoted and there is an "attempt to personalize the publications."

Ultimately, Assange  left ambiguous which, if any, candidate the documents would benefit, though he did describe them as "significant."

The anniversary event was originally intended to be held at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where Assange has taken sanctuary from what he fears is extradition to the United States. It was moved to Berlin due to an unspecified security risk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

It's weird that the right has embraced this slimy son of a bitch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2016, 07:27:53 AM
If this is legit it's hard to see Trump winning Florida. Obama got 4,237,756 votes in Florida in 2012, so this is an increase of 10% in the Democratic vote.

As of this morning, Florida Democratic Party has submitted 469k voter registration forms; Republican Party of Florida has submitted 59k

Taint gathering pace, up 25 base points in last 24 hours to 3.95 .
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 08:00:50 AM
Pfft, okay Mr. Assange, you are so relevant. I like how he is now hedging completely so he can still get attention but hopefully not get blamed if his bombshell is a dud.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/299106-no-rumored-october-surprise-at-wikileaks-anniversary-event

I think he's already backtracking from his earlier comments that this was damning information

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on October 04, 2016, 08:07:47 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2016, 07:27:53 AM

Taint gathering pace, up 25 base points in last 24 hours to 3.95 .

I'm just posting the facts. When the numbers were moving hard in Trump's direction I posted them then. If they turn back his way I'll post them then.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 04, 2016, 12:51:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2016, 12:42:41 AM
Will Tim singlehandedly cause victory for Trump?

If I was going to vote for Trump because of Languish, it would be to see Berkut's head explode.  :menace:

You voting for Trump would not cause my head to explode though. It would be like finding out spicey is voting for Trump - duh, of course. He is exactly the voter Trump appeals to... :P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Of course not. Trump winning would make your head explode.

And I'm not too far off from Ide on economic issues.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Trump winning would cause me to pretty much lose whatever shred of faith I have left in the idea that the US is in any way special or a example to be emulated by other societies.

I know that sounds rather over dramatic, but I guess to a great extent his simply doing as well as he has has pretty much already crushed the myth of America as an intellectual leader in the western liberal world.

Which of course the anti-intellectual dumbasses like Marty just eat right up.

0 rows returned

Gups

Quote from: Berkut on October 04, 2016, 08:28:53 AM
Trump winning would cause me to pretty much lose whatever shred of faith I have left in the idea that the US is in any way special or a example to be emulated by other societies.

Meh, that horse bolted when Trump won the nomination.

Legbiter

Quote from: LaCroix on October 04, 2016, 08:12:36 AMI think he's already backtracking from his earlier comments that this was damning information

Eh, any more email revelations about Clinton are priced into the market so to speak. Won't have any effect.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Berkut

Quote from: Gups on October 04, 2016, 08:32:33 AM

More like the horse was taken out back and shot.

0 rows returned

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on October 04, 2016, 08:32:33 AM

From time to time, our political parties lose their way.  But the American polity always knew better.

The truly sad part is, this election really has become a referendum on Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump.