Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 09, 2016, 09:23:35 PM
Ed Anger is the Rodney Dangerfield of Languish.  :(

In the case, kind of like the anti Rodney. He gets no disrespect.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2016, 08:22:45 PM
@Seedy

Seen that yesterday. Trump is a huge sham. It says mountains about the folks who support that twat.

The truly sad thing is, this isn't even about politics.  If Biden were running, this would be the most lopsided election in history.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on September 09, 2016, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2016, 03:38:56 PM
For something actually scandalous, check out the recent comments of Harold Hamm, Trumps's chief energy advisor and presumptive Energy Secretary nominee.  He called on Russia and OPEC to collude to cut oil production and raise prices.

wait, a vote for trump is a vote for oil... :hmm:

He's consistent
"Make Russia great again"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2016, 07:55:19 PM
Although they signed non-disclosure agreements, several of them told me on background that the Trump policy effort has been a mess from start to finish.

The only thing more credible than an anonymous source is an anonymous source who admits they breached a contract they willingly signed. :yes:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 02:04:06 AM
The only thing more credible than an anonymous source is an anonymous source who admits they breached a contract they willingly signed. :yes:

Who is the audience for comments such as these?  Who's opinion do you hope to sway?

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2016, 02:10:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2016, 02:04:06 AM

Who is the audience for comments such as these?  Who's opinion do you hope to sway?

My inner sense of rightness and truth. :P

I am also trying to make sure many of my favourite Languishites* do not succumb to what is essentially intellectual dishonesty in suppporting Clinton. Sure, go ahead, consider her a superior candidate and vote for her - that's what Democracy is about. But the general "cheat to win" and "anything goes" attitude that is beginning to take hold is rather ugly.

*And Tim.

Martinus

Hillary having her 47% moment:

QuoteClinton: Half of Trump supporters are in 'basket of deplorables'
Dan Merica-Profile-Image
By Dan Merica, CNN
Updated 0424 GMT (1224 HKT) September 10, 2016

New York (CNN)Hillary Clinton told an audience of donors Friday night that half of Donald Trump's supporters fall into "the basket of deplorables," meaning people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic.

In an effort to explain the support behind Trump, Clinton went on to describe the rest of Trump supporters as people who are looking for change in any form because of economic anxiety and urged her supporters to empathize with them.

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables," Clinton said. "Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it."

She added, "And unfortunately, there are people like that and he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric."

Clinton went on to say that some of these people were "irredeemable" and "not America."

Trump's campaign quickly pounced on the remarks.

"One day after promising to be aspirational & uplifting, Hillary insults millions of Americans. #desperate," campaign manager Kellyanne Conway tweeted.

:lol:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-basket-of-deplorables/

HVC

For someone who takes so much of their identity for their sexuality I find it odd that you support trump and many of his followers.

but I guess a troll gotta troll :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 10, 2016, 02:35:54 AM
For someone who takes so much of their identity for their sexuality I find it odd that you support trump and many of his followers.

but I guess a troll gotta troll :P

He is the most pro-gay Republican POTUS candidate in history (not that it is saying much). He represents the antithesis of the "safe space", "trigger warning", "cultural appropriation" etc. people that I so strongly abhor. And he correctly recognises Islamism as one of the most pressing and biggest threats we are facing now (including to gay people - unlike an odd Christian bigot who, at best, can refuse to bake you a cake).

But I have already explained my stance on him (and the ambiguity) over and over again. :P

Edit: And I don't believe I take so much of my identity from my sexuality any more. I mean, we have known each other for 15 years or more here. People do grow and change in shorter time than that!

HVC

It's true, you have gotten better. Only about 75% of your created threads are gay related now :D

I agree the that the annoying left (don't know what to call them) is tiresome and I can't wait for the fad to go away, but you're choosing to swallow poison to cure a cold. His core supporters hate everything your are, and trump would through gays under the bus just as eagerly as he did Mexicans and Muslims if it would get him a vote or two more.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on September 10, 2016, 02:47:20 AM
It's true, you have gotten better. Only about 75% of your created threads are gay related now :D

Actually, I looked at the threads started by me on the first two pages of Languish OT. They are about:
- mother Theresa
- weather
- origin of the word "goof"
- second amendment/medical marijuana
- what pills people take
- the side people root for in the War of Roses
- prison food/burkini ban
- bull fighting

:P

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.