2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2016, 03:09:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2016, 02:44:23 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2016, 02:10:58 AM
An in actual scandal news

http://www.businessinsider.com/florida-newspaper-federal-investigation-trump-foundation-2016-9

Yeah, actual scandal news about a $25,000 donation, as opposed to all those fake scandal news about millions of dollars in donations and speech fees to the Clinton Foundation? :D

He bribed the attorney general of Florida to drop a criminal investigation. Name one thing remotely comparable that Clinton has done. You can't, because it doesn't exist.

He also hosted a fundraiser for her afterward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-pam-bondi-trump-university_us_57cf2c6ce4b0a48094a64854

QuoteTrump Held Fundraiser For Pam Bondi At His Palm Beach Mansion After She Passed On Lawsuit

In March 2014, Donald Trump opened his 126-room Palm Beach mansion, Mar-a-Lago, for a $3,000-per-person fundraiser for Pam Bondi, the Florida attorney general who had recently decided not to join a lawsuit against Trump University and was facing a tough reelection campaign.

Trump did not write a check to the attorney general that night. The previous fall, his personal foundation had given $25,000 to a pro-Bondi PAC. But by hosting her fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago and bringing in some of his own star power, Trump provided Bondi's campaign with a nice financial boost.

Since he began his run for the White House, Trump has repeatedly claimed that Bondi is merely someone he has supported politically. But his fundraising efforts for her were extensive and varied: In addition to the $25,000 donation from his foundation and the star-studded Mar-a-Lago event, Trump and his daughter Ivanka each gave $500 to Bondi's campaign in the fall of 2013. The following spring, Ivanka and her father donated another $125,000 to the Republican Party of Florida ― Bondi's single biggest source of campaign funds.

All this money created the appearance that Donald Trump was thanking Bondi for halting any further investigation into his failed seminar programs. Trump's efforts to boost her politically came during and after a period when Bondi was under pressure to pursue allegations that those seminars were defrauding consumers.

The use of Mar-a-Lago alone was a donation of some value. Space at the resort is expensive to rent, and Trump has charged his own presidential campaign roughly $140,000 per event for use of the mansion.

In contrast, the Republican Party of Florida paid only $4,855.65 for the Bondi fundraiser, cutting a check on March 25, 2014. It was a "small event on the lawn ... featuring snacks and refreshments, attended by about 50 people," a Bondi campaign staffer told The Huffington Post.

Trump's courtship of Bondi, including the Mar-a-Lago event, could complicate a line of attack his campaign is currently making against Hillary Clinton. Trump and his surrogates have attacked Clinton's family foundation for accepting donations from governments and individuals with business before the State Department during her tenure there. They have suggested that, in turn, those donors were given special access to then-Secretary of State Clinton and her staff.

Clinton and her aides have denied that charge and responded by arguing that Trump has used his money to influence politicians ― an accusation that he hasn't always denied.

"I've got to give [campaign contributions] to them, because when I want something, I get it," he said in January. "When I call, they kiss my ass. It's true. They kiss my ass. It's true."

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Ugh. :bleeding:

Clinton needs to go all LBJ on his ass and "make him deny it"

Edit: Not personally, she needs a surrogate to do it.
http://www.snopes.com/ivanka-trump-lap-sitting/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Huh? Are we going full moral police now? She's just sitting on his lap while clapping during some concert.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on September 09, 2016, 04:50:01 AM
Huh? Are we going full moral police now? She's just sitting on his lap while clapping during some concert.

Yeah, who gives a fuck?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Wow, Tim is in a full spin mode now. He must be really afraid his ass gets deported to Puerto Rico.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2016, 05:17:44 AM
Wow, Tim is in a full spin mode now. He must be really afraid his ass gets deported to Puerto Rico.

LOL I don't think the Republic of Korea has that sort of jurisdictional reciprocity with a US territory.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2016, 03:09:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2016, 02:44:23 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2016, 02:10:58 AM
An in actual scandal news

http://www.businessinsider.com/florida-newspaper-federal-investigation-trump-foundation-2016-9

Yeah, actual scandal news about a $25,000 donation, as opposed to all those fake scandal news about millions of dollars in donations and speech fees to the Clinton Foundation? :D

He bribed the attorney general of Florida to drop a criminal investigation. Name one thing remotely comparable that Clinton has done. You can't, because it doesn't exist.

Well she did shoot Ron Brown in the head, then cause his airplane to crash into a mountain.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2016, 04:39:33 AM
Ugh. :bleeding:

Clinton needs to go all LBJ on his ass and "make him deny it"

No, this one should be simply ignored.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2016, 05:17:44 AM

He is rather hilarious right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

I kind of want to know who the guy on the right is with the sweater.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2016, 09:45:35 AM

That is an awesome sweater. Good eye. Although I spent my time perving on ivanka.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 09, 2016, 08:44:24 AM
Well she did shoot Ron Brown in the head, then cause his airplane to crash into a mountain.

Only a handful of highly trained Wellesley graduates could conduct that kind of controlled jump from an aircraft after snapping the pilots' necks, deploying her Rapid-Opening Low-Level pantsuit, what with no reserve pantsuit.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2016, 09:47:24 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2016, 09:45:35 AM

That is an awesome sweater. Good eye. Although I spent my time perving on ivanka.

So did the guy with the sweater.  Look at his expression.   :D
--Joan Robinson