News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on September 06, 2016, 11:03:47 AM
WEll, Beebs has spoken. It is True because  it is a Trumpis....errrh, because it is a Truism!

The logic chain is complete. It is truism, therefore you know it is true. Ironclad.

Apparently Paul Ryan has backed that narrative.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/294589-ryan-fbi-playing-politics-with-clinton
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 10:42:05 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2016, 10:29:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2016, 05:57:43 PM
I'm annoyed that the press is not persuing the evidence that Trump bribed the attorney general of Florida with nearly as much rigor as they are Clinton's emails. <_<

I'm annoyed there hasn't been more attention that the FBI's info dump on the Clinton email investigation was released Friday afternoon before a long weekend. <_<

How would things be different if they released those documents today?

Seriously?  It's a time-honoured strategy to bury news by releasing it on a Friday afternoon.  Being a long weekend was just icing on the cake.

Reporters were already heading out the door when the FBI documents were released.  As a result there was very little coverage Friday afternoon, and what coverage there was was little-read.

And now that the weekend is over, the FBI documents are four days old.  It's old news.  No use reporting on it now.

And so ask yourself - why would the supposedly neutral FBI release these documents at a time so convenient for the Clinton campaign? :hmm:

Let's try this again.  How would things be different if they released those documents today?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 10:53:55 AM
It took some digging, but there were some pretty bad bits in the FBI investigation.  And as usual with the Clintons, the story is in the cover-up more so than the initial story.

How about how she ordered the emails deleted AFTER she had publicly called for them to be made public?

Or how she claimed not to know that (C) meant classified?  What the hell is she doing receiving classified bulletins then?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/439664/hillary-clinton-even-more-dishonest-you-thought
To use a picture from earlier in the thread:

Clinton has one major advantage over Trump: She seems to be a serious, sane politician.

Jacob

I'm annoyed there hasn't been more attention that the FBI's info dump on the Clinton email investigation was released Friday afternoon before a long weekend. <_<

Didn't realize you were a Trump partisan.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2016, 11:46:08 AM
What's the deal with Hillary's coughing?

Seems like the the usual spurious shit flinging to create something out of nothing to attack her.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 06, 2016, 11:44:56 AM

Didn't realize you were a Trump partisan.

WTF, First Berkut, now you?

Since when does being highly, highly critical of Hillary Clinton mean that you're a "Branch Trumpidian"?

My motto on this election has been, and continues to be:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

You aren't "highly critical" of Clinton, but hysterical about her. Like many other conservatives. This will taint the legitimacy of her presidency from day one and will give Republicans an argument to continue their obstructionism of the last eight years. The relentless media barrage against her for decades has tarnished her image so much that even if she would be the most moral US president ever, conservatives would still see her as "crooked Hillary". Trump was at least successful in making you follow him in considering Hillary Clinton the greatest crook in modern political history.

Razgovory

I'm still waiting for an actual crime she has committed.  Presumably if the FBI realized it's documents on a Monday rather than a Friday there would be enough to charge her.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on September 06, 2016, 12:06:35 PM
You aren't "highly critical" of Clinton, but hysterical about her. Like many other conservatives. This will taint the legitimacy of her presidency from day one and will give Republicans an argument to continue their obstructionism of the last eight years. The relentless media barrage against her for decades has tarnished her image so much that even if she would be the most moral US president ever, conservatives would still see her as "crooked Hillary". Trump was at least successful in making you follow him in considering Hillary Clinton the greatest crook in modern political history.

She has a long way to go before beating the greatest crook in modern political history.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2016, 12:13:17 PM
I'm still waiting for an actual crime she has committed.  Presumably if the FBI realized it's documents on a Monday rather than a Friday there would be enough to charge her.

What's sad, of course, is that her kind of "pay for play" influence peddling is completely legal. :(

The law does not define morality, of course.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 06, 2016, 10:59:40 AM
The late Friday news dump is anachronistic at this point.  The news cycle is 24/7/365 and old fashioned paper newspapers are no longer a critical news source.  It does still happen but its not very effective.  The major financial news outlets actually add bodies on Friday afternoons to review SEC filings for that reason.  I've heard media consultants sometimes suggest a late Friday release for an "attack" kind of communication because of the longer response time.

Too true;  if anything, it allows media teams to prepare entire push packages for the Sunday talking head shows, Sunday editions, and everything a Monday--or Tuesday--brings.

QuoteI doubt the FBI was trying manage the news cycle on this.  More like the grunts putting together just took their time wrapping it up before heading out for their weekend.

This is actually the most practical reason.  Let's not forget:  it's the end of the federal fiscal year.  Not only do extra budgetary pressures and task orders like special investigations need to be wrapped up, people gotta burn up what "use it or lose it" vacation time they still have by October 1.  We're out of money and out of the office.

There's no conspiracy here except for those who want one.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2016, 12:43:23 PM
This is actually the most practical reason.  Let's not forget:  it's the end of the federal fiscal year.  Not only do extra budgetary pressures and task orders like special investigations need to be wrapped up, people gotta burn up what "use it or lose it" vacation time they still have by October 1.  We're out of money and out of the office.

There's no conspiracy here except for those who want one.

That's nonsense Seedy.

Look our fiscal year end drives a hell of a lot around here - but it doesn't drive when we close files.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2016, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2016, 12:13:17 PM

What's sad, of course, is that her kind of "pay for play" influence peddling is completely legal. :(

The law does not define morality, of course.

But then why is this an HC specific problem.  The peddlar and the peddlee are both to blame.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson