News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Would the real "Mr. Brexit" please stand up?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2016, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 25, 2016, 08:28:58 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2016, 01:04:32 AM
Nigel Farage stumping for Trump. Err...

Maybe the Daily Mail should ask readers to write letters to Ohio voters.

:bleeding:

Good times.  I really hope they try to pull something like that again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Even UKIP voters back Hillary in the polls here :lol:

I think though that Farage can have a far more lucrative post-leadership/politics career in the US than he can here, and this isn't a bad first step.
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 25, 2016, 03:59:55 PM

I think though that Farage can have a far more lucrative post-leadership/politics career in the US than he can here, and this isn't a bad first step.

No one knows who he is here.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

As what though? We don't care much for foreigners talking our politics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2016, 04:20:29 PM

A lot of people go Gaga for John Oliver.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 25, 2016, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2016, 04:20:29 PM

A lot of people go Gaga for John Oliver.

Well yes if you can do funny. Flipside look at Piers Morgan.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on August 25, 2016, 04:20:26 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 25, 2016, 03:59:55 PM

No one knows who he is here.
I think you'd be surprised. Some of his stuff has gone sort-of viral on the right-wing sites and he's had a fair amount of coverage on normal right sites like Red State and NRO. Enough to build some sort of audience.
Let's bomb Russia!

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Minsky Moment

The ultimate proof that Europe has gone soft and lost its aggressive edge is that somehow Farage escaped his post-Brexit EU Parliament speech without anyone punching him.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

PJL

I think comparing Farrage badly to Trump is unfair IMO., Especially considering after some of the things Trump has said, which even Nick Griffin, former leader of the BNP would think twice before saying.

Martinus

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 25, 2016, 05:18:19 PM
Hillary getting trolled by Milo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36VU0LUUJwE

:lol:

Do you think anyone here really cares what that little slime-ball says?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall