And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on August 23, 2016, 10:13:45 PM
And previously Sanders.

Disagree.  Any candidate who can energize the white college vote is going to be dangerous in the Democratic primary.

Hamilcar

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2016, 09:40:28 PM
In other news, Bill O'reilly and Scott Brown have been added to the Fox News harassment scandal.

I always suspected that O'Reilly was a dirty old man.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2016, 10:37:05 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on August 23, 2016, 10:13:45 PM
And previously Sanders.

Disagree.  Any candidate who can energize the white college vote is going to be dangerous in the Democratic primary.

And yet beyond media hype he was never doing all that well, well apart from exceeding expectations.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2016, 01:51:21 AM
And yet beyond media hype he was never doing all that well, well apart from exceeding expectations.

I don't know what that means.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2016, 01:53:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2016, 01:51:21 AM

I don't know what that means.

Bernie's great victory was that he did better than he was expected to do from the outset. That doesn't actually mean that he was ever on a trajectory to winning (bar some massive Clinton foul-up). It was however more engaging as a story to read in the news to imagine it was so. Sanders now has the momentum, how could this end up?!

Tim's link to 538 has the link to their take on the events.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/was-the-democratic-primary-a-close-call-or-a-landslide/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It's brilliant!  :lol:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/08/mass-lesbian-farm-infiltration-is-obamas-best-scheme-yet.html

QuoteAugust 23, 2016 3:19 p.m.

Mass Lesbian Farm Infiltration Is Obama's Best Scheme Yet

By  Jonathan Chait 

Barack Obama is nearing the finish line of a presidency filled with accomplishments ranging from death panels to FEMA camps to the importation of Sharia law. Year eight is a natural time for Obama to unveil the most deviously brilliant plot of them all: mass lesbian infiltration of the agriculture sector. The Department of Agriculture has cleverly designed this scheme as an innocuous outreach summit to LGBT Americans living in rural areas. But Rush Limbaugh has exposed the administration's true intentions, which are nothing less than a full-scale assault on the last bastion of red-state America.

Here's how it works. "Rural America happens to be largely conservative. Rural America is made up of self-reliant, rugged individualist types," explains Limbaugh. (Farmers are "self-reliant" because, even though their sector is technically the recipient of heavy federal subsidies, they are overwhelmingly white.) Obama has a plan to attack them:

They are trying to bust up one of the last geographically conservative regions in the country; that's rural America ... So here comes the Obama Regime with a bunch of federal money and they're waving it around, and all you gotta do to get it is be a lesbian and want to be a farmer and they'll set you up ... apparently enough money it make it happen, and the objective here is to attack rural states.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that once Obama locks up the farmers in FEMA camps, he's going to need to repopulate the farms with political loyalists, or else the cities will have food shortages. That's where the lesbians come in. By the time Hillary Clinton is running for her fourth term, red America will have been completely liquidated, and she won't even need Acorn to steal the election for her.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on August 23, 2016, 10:02:30 PM
That picture reminds me of my initial impression of Trump.  I thought he was funny, hammy and harmless.  I wouldn't mind if his main policy proposal is to turn the White House into Golden Trump House.  That would be fun in its own way.  But he stopped being funny very early into his campaign.
He is a funny guy.  Previous to the election I loved Trump.  I'm really hoping he loses so I can go back to being a fan.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I want him to win now, just for the lulz.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2016, 08:34:27 AM

It would be hilarious.  At the beginning, anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2016, 09:01:20 AM

I just want to see if Timmay! taints Shrillary.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2016, 09:30:08 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2016, 03:08:18 PM

What crime was committed?

Using your position as Secretary of State to personally enrich yourself for foreign policy favors is bad even if you're not formally indicted.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on August 24, 2016, 09:50:23 AM
Using your position as Secretary of State to personally enrich yourself for foreign policy favors is bad even if you're not formally indicted.

How does one "personally enrich" oneself from a charity in which no salary or other compensation is received?  And how does the Secretary of State collect "foreign policy favors" as a presidential appointment and Cabinet member?

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2016, 11:05:02 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on August 24, 2016, 09:50:23 AM

How does one "personally enrich" oneself from a charity in which no salary or other compensation is received?  And how does the Secretary of State collect "foreign policy favors" as a presidential appointment and Cabinet member?

We've been over this - free travel around the world, having a couple billion dollars to spend on international development buys influence, being able to give jobs to 350 of your friends and supporters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2016, 09:01:20 AM

The beginning of what, the T-minus 32 minutes to impact? :lol: